Longest you've been stuck

Options
I am stuck at 149 now for about 2.5 weeks. I have been doing the same stuff I was doing. I know I need to change something up and I know to either add or subtract a few calories just to change it up. But my question to all of you is what's the longest you have been stuck and tried changing things up and you were still stuck? I have 14 lbs left and I heard that the last 10 are the hardest.. But yeah, anyways lol whats the longest you've been stuck while trying to break that little plataue?

Replies

• ccdo
    ccdo Posts: 217
    Options
    longest for me was three weeks but got over it now and back to looosing :flowerforyou:
  • crking
    crking Posts: 175
    Options
    I'm not really stuck, I just have been fluctuating back and forth with 4lbs for a month now, annoying!
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    3 weeks. It was maddening and I got so discouraged. What it took for me was to actually increase my calorie intake for four days (healthy foods, of course) by 250-300 cals, and then pull back again. I think my body had decided enough was enough and needed to be pacified.

good luck!
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    :devil: 18 years! Then one day I dropped 175# - OH... :noway: :blushing: That's not what we were talking about... :bigsmile: Anyway... probably 3 to 4 weeks of bouncing back and forth with 2 to 5 pounds... as crking stated it is annoying but it broke and I started losing again. I just figured my body had to take that time to adjust to what was going on with the weight loss and diet changes I had made throughout my process. Be patient and it will break. :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • apromise2me
    apromise2me Posts: 12
    Options
    The longest for me was one year where I would continuously go up and down anywhere up to 3 lbs and my 'average loss' for the year was 1 lb!! Chin up, it could be worse ...
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    About a month once and about 3 weeks 2 other times. I broke all 3 plateaus by INCREASING my net calories. :wink:
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Since Thanksgiving, and I have tried many things. I just keep on keeping on and don't let it get to me. At least I am not gaining!
  • AllisonMS
    AllisonMS Posts: 104
    Options
    5 weeks, stuck at 170.
    I hit the plateau after Easter (I'd given up wine for Lent), when I started drinking a small glass of wine everyday.

Then I had a MFP friend look at my food diary, she said the wine was the problem. I gave up wine for a week, the plateau ended and I hit my goal weight of 168.5.

I just couldn't believe that that tiny bit of wine could do so much damage, but it did. If only i had listened sooner.....
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I've been stuck at my weight for about a month. I am eating between 1200 and 1400 calories a day and working out 5 days a week. I am loosing inches, but not pounds, so I think I'm gaining muscle. I definitely look tighter, so I can't really complain.