Before & After - 2 mo. Pic TDEE-20% & Lifting Heavy

Options
OtiWanKenobi
OtiWanKenobi Posts: 340 Member
15x7kn9.jpg

Two months ago I decided to get over my fears and eat more (TDEE - 20% = 1936 cals) and lift heavy weights. Best results I've seen in a almost a year after a long plateau and starving myself.

In 62 days:
Total weightloss >> 7.8 lbs
Total Inches Lost >> 11"
Waist 35 > 33.5
Arm 14 > 12.25
Bust 41.5 > 40
Hips 45 > 43.5
Thigh 27.25 > 25.5
Calf 16 > 15.75
Neck 14 > 13.5
Chest (under bust) 37.25 > 35

Thank you "helloitsdan" for your wisdom and thank you to all the women I personally know and the women on MFP who have encouraged me to start lifting heavy. :flowerforyou:

LOL... I am definitely not SWOLLLLLL or BULKY! :bigsmile:

Replies

• sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Sounds like you have are similar in size to me. I was stalled for a few weeks and decided this week to start eating more because I am eating very clean... it was the only solution I could come up with.

Right now I'm training for a 5K so I'm doing 1-2 Miles running everyday and the 30DS (minus the cardio portions) for my "strength training" until I get the hang of it :)
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I too decided today to up my calories to 1900 (TDEE - 20%). Must be HONEST in saying that I'm a little fearful of eating MORE calories but when I looked at my friends list of those who have been successful in this weight loss journey, most are eating MORE calories than what I was previously eating (1400).

Encouraging to see that its working for you :smile:
  • OtiWanKenobi
    Options
    cmurphy...all you can do is try it for a few weeks. The first time I tried it was in January and I stopped after 2 weeks because I GAINED!!! I freaked out but later I read from other posts that it can take from 4 - 6 weeks for your body to adjust if you've been eating at a really big deficit for a very long time.

So this March I summed up the courage and decided to have patience. Just like they said...it took me about 4 weeks for my body to adjust.
  • ducky715
    ducky715 Posts: 38
    Options
    When you say you lift heavy, how much weight do you lift?
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Great progress! Thanks for sharing the pics!
  • OtiWanKenobi
    Options
    ducky715... well I'm a newbie, but I've been about 70 lbs on squats, 95 lbs on barbell dead lifts, 100 lbs for wide grip pull downs, 15 lb hand weights for curls. LOL...I have really weak upper body strength.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!

I wish I saw more threads like this! bumping cause it's awesome
  • Chrissysftns
    Chrissysftns Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    AWESOME progress, girlfriend!

I, too, just started my journey of heavy lifting This past April (the 15th to be exact)

I do only a 10 minute HIIT along with my lifting,,do you do any cardio?

Also, When did the scale start to go down for you? I'm trying not to pay too much attention to it, since it hasn't even been a month yet, but I want that sucker to MOVE!! lol

You look great. Congrats!
  • Jagkat
    Jagkat Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back the exercise calories? if not what did you put in for your weekly workout for your tdee
  • eatrunstretch
    eatrunstretch Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Congrats on busting through your plateau! Its amazing progress in such a short amount of time!

Are you following the NROLFW? I just started this 2 weeks ago and my trousers seem to be getting tighter which is worrying!

I too am of the mindset that more is less and have adjusted to TDEE - 20%. Wish there was more of this on MFP.

Good luck with the rest of your heavy lifting journey and keep us posted for motivation!
  • tattedlady75
    tattedlady75 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Great results. Hoping I can start lifting soon. Are you going to a gym to lift or are you doing it at home. Also, how many times a week are you lifting?
  • zaftiggirl
    zaftiggirl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Looks like you have very similar measurements to myself! I am in my third week of NROLFW... I'm super excited to show my progress pics after a couple more months and inches :)
  • Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Incredible! I didn't start to see ANY changes in my body until I starting lifting heavy. It really has changed my life.
  • RhinestoneRocky
    RhinestoneRocky Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Absolutely awesome! Great job!!!! :D
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!! Look great too!
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I love reading threads like this. I know for a lot of women it can be scary when you need to eat more lol. :) But when you do and your body stops freaking out fromb eing starved, that's when the real work can begin. Congrats on busting through that plateau and getting such awesome results in 60 days!! :drinker: Woot!!
  • HealthyLeeLee
    HealthyLeeLee Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    This is such an encouraging post as I am now going by TDEE-20% (up from my previous 1200 cal goal) and my clothes are feeling rather snug :/ I started upping my calories 2 weeks ago and I'm hoping it will just be a matter of time before I start seeing results! Thank you for posting! :happy:
  • zaftiggirl
    zaftiggirl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Congrats on busting through your plateau! Its amazing progress in such a short amount of time!

Are you following the NROLFW? I just started this 2 weeks ago and my trousers seem to be getting tighter which is worrying!

I too am of the mindset that more is less and have adjusted to TDEE - 20%. Wish there was more of this on MFP.

Good luck with the rest of your heavy lifting journey and keep us posted for motivation!

In the first two weeks of lifting heavy and eating at TDEE-25% (I'm technically 'obese'), my body weight and inches fluctuated like CRAAAAZY. I kept measurements every day just so I could start to see patterns. Two things: when you first start a new exercise program, your muscles retain a lot of water in order to protect themselves - so that can translate to feeling thicker, especially if you're sore. Second, I have read about "newbie gains" - which is an initial, more rapid gain in muscle. I don't have a ton of research on that but I think I experienced that. :)

I'm finishing my third week, and finally starting to normalize. I have lost a half inch from my waist and an inch from my hips just in the last few, highly irregular, weeks. :) So anyways, just wanted to encourage you to keep at it and I think you'll start to see progress soon!
  • jacque930
    jacque930 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Great Results!
    I want to do this.. I just need to get myself in gear and do more lifting. Make the time!

Did you follow any plan? book? I have purchased the lifting guide for women book.. just have read and follow it..

Once I get to it.. I know the lifting heavy will make a difference..

Great Job to you!
  • llangstraat
    llangstraat Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Omg, thank you for posting! Awesome job and that's only 2 months! Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!