Down 3 lbs in 5 days on 24 Day Challenge!

Options
Lori0534
Lori0534 Posts: 208 Member
I am so excited about this Advocare 24 day challenge!!! I was so skeptical at first, and knew that I could lose weight if I followed the eating plan Advocare advises, but the supplements are really giving me energy and making me feel so much better causing me to stick with the plan even better!!! Since Sunday I am down 3 lbs!!! I have lost 1.5 inches in my bust, .5 in my waist, and 1 inch in my hips SINCE SUNDAY!!! I did Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred last month and I did tone up and lost a few lbs, but not nearly as quickly as this, AND I was eating pretty clean. The main thing I have eliminated is alcohol so far, well and my sweets! I will post my beginning pics and what I took yesterday in a minute!!!

Replies

• Lori0534
    Options
    Before
    null-2.jpg
    null-3.jpg
    After - JUST 4 DAYS
    null-4.jpg
    null-5.jpg
  • mnmss2930
    mnmss2930 Posts: 55
    Options
    Congratulations! It is great when you find something that works for you. I have not heard of Advocare 24, but if it works---Great!!! This must be the time of year for everyone to try something new :happy: Good luck to your continued success.
  • brittanylock09
    brittanylock09 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    thats awesome!

ummm... and why did the girl report you??? that makes no sense
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

By eating 1000 or less calories a day, you will lose weight...its called STARVATION.
  • Lori0534
    Options
    It is very motivating and exciting! It is basically just eating clean. You did a 10 day cleanse with a fiber drink and viatmin supplements. You can only eat lean protein, veggies, fruits, and complex carbs on the cleanse phase. I have also been drinking a gallon of water a day and running 2 to 3 miles. I have read a lot of success stories on here and most people lose 6-8 lbs on the cleanse phase. I have seen people lose up to 20 lbs in the entire 24 days. It's really a lifestyle change and not a diet. Once my cleanse is over on Wednesday I will continue to eat clean and I have cheat day on the weekend where I have a little dairy and probably a drink or two. After the 24 days is up I will still eat clean, but I may have a little dairy on more days then one, but I will still only have a drink or two once a week if that much. I don't know why the first responder said reported??? I've read the guidelines and I don't see how I am out of line. I just wanted to share my excitement with someone!
  • Lori0534
    Options
    :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

By eating 1000 or less calories a day, you will lose weight...its called STARVATION.

I know technically most experts say that eating less than 1200 calories a day puts you in starvation mode. However, I have probably eaten at least 1200 a day because I have not logged all of my fruit. The thing about me is I am totally satisfied on a 1200 or even slightly less calorie diet a day MOST days. I am 5'2" and I have NEVER in my life been able to eat a lot without gaining weight. I have had my thyroid checked and everything else! I am healthy, but the conclusion was I just had a slow metabolism. I've tried 1400, 1500, 1600, and 1800 and all cause the weight to start creeping back slowly. I honestly believe it is all about the individual. Heck, I would love to consume 2,000 calories a day, but I just can't do it and be happy with my weight. At 5'2" I would probably weigh 150 - 155 on that kind of calories. Oh, and I have been active all of my life. Caught in fastpitch softball year around for about 15 years. And have ALWAYS worked out.
  • rosem1020
    rosem1020 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    she probably reported you because she thinks your post is an ad for that program you are on
  • Lori0534
    Options
    she probably reported you because she thinks your post is an ad for that program you are on

It's not. I'm not telling anyone to do it and I didn't give any info on how to get it! I don't sell it or anything! If you go search for it there are serveral Advocare posts. I mean, what's the difference in saying that you are following a meal/supplement plan and saying you did Insanity or Jillian Michaels to lose weight?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options

It's not. I'm not telling anyone to do it and I didn't give any info on how to get it! I don't sell it or anything! If you go search for it there are serveral Advocare posts. I mean, what's the difference in saying that you are following a meal/supplement plan and saying you did Insanity or Jillian Michaels to lose weight?

And that is why this thread will still stay open. You are not selling anything, just a simple success story. Congrats on your success so far.

psuLemon
    Forum Moderator
  • brittanylock09
    brittanylock09 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I think my metabolism is slow too or something b/c I was at 1490 calories for a month with basically no movement. I dropped my calories to 1250 and do great with that. eating between 1250 and 1300 and I've lost 2.2 lbs in 5 days!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I think my metabolism is slow too or something b/c I was at 1490 calories for a month with basically no movement. I dropped my calories to 1250 and do great with that. eating between 1250 and 1300 and I've lost 2.2 lbs in 5 days!

It's probably more likely that you haven't been consistent with your logging. The majority of the time, it's not your metabolism it's either from not accurately tracking or even under eating. And realistically, the different between 1490 and 1250 is very minimal when it comes to calories consumed over a week.
  • cjpembo
    cjpembo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    3 lbs of bodymass is 3500 x 3 = 10,500 calories (deficit). In three days. Most likely you are dehydrated.
  • Lori0534
    Options
    3 lbs of bodymass is 3500 x 3 = 10,500 calories (deficit). In three days. Most likely you are dehydrated.

I don't see how I could be dehydrated when I have seriously been drinking a gallon of water a day. 16 cups equals a gallon!!! The fiber drink rids you of waste and toxins. Maybe this TMI, but I have always had a problem with constipation. I have IBS with constipation, so this has been a really good way to regulate my system. I've added metamucil before and it really didn't help much.
  • Lori0534
    Options

Awesome job! I really do believe it is an individual journey! My mom can eat 2,000 calories a day or more and never gain a pound and she is 58 and does not work out like I do!
  • pleinbe
    pleinbe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good for you girl! Ignore people trying to dampen your success!! I am pumped for you!!
  • cjpembo
    cjpembo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Drinking adequate amounts of water, will in fact allow your body to retain less of it. When water intake is plentiful, your body retains less of it. Keep up the good hydration levels and enjoy your progress !
  • justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress! Keep up the good work! :smile:
  • Lori0534
    Options
    Thanks guys! I know the weight loss will slow as I get cl,oser to my goal. I did Weight Watcher's several years ago after my husband and I got together and his 6'3" self could eat a whole horse and I thought I might try to keep up! haha I lost 4 lbs that first week and then started averaging around 2 lb a week resulting in a loss of 30 lbs in 3 months!!! I kept with eating like I was on WW until I got pregnant with my son. I lost all of my weight after him, but I had my daughter 19 months ago and about 15-20 lbs have hung around since! So, I am really excited to have found something that is jump starting my weight loss again! We are going on a beach vacation mid June and I want to be at my goal! My brother is getting married in October and I realllllly want to be there by then! I believe I will! Thanks for the support!!!
  • tigermorris
    tigermorris Posts: 58
    Options
    Good for you! Keep it up!!
  • Lori0534
    Options
    Thank you!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!