Anyone wake up early to workout?

Options

Replies

• teamike
    teamike Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I wake up at 5:30, I start working out at 6:30.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i like working out really early. if its the gym, i get there when it opens at 530am. if its cardio, i might sleep in a little bit so that it starts getting a little light out so i'm not running or biking outside in the dark.

i like to wake up about an hour before i want to be out training. i like to drink a cup off coffee and watch the news as i get dressed and prepared for the day.
  • BrandyinCarolina
    Options
    I like taking the early classes at the Y and since I dont have to be at work til 11 that works out perfectly. I usually get up around 6:30 or 7:00 and then I get to the Y between 7:30 and 8:00. It helps that its only 5 minutes from my house!!
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    i wake up at 3am, eat breakfast and drink coffee, and am hitting the pavement/cardio machine by 5am for a couple hours before work.
  • crazy4lulu
    crazy4lulu Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    up at 3 45 every morning. 7 days a week. get dressed head out the door and go for a run. love my early morning ... no one out there.... no traffic or crazy *kitten* people on the road run!!!! then i lift when i get to the gym during my off times!
  • Darryl4126
    Darryl4126 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Get up 315am at gym by 445
  • Sallybirdena
    Options
    I wake up at 4:00am with the help of the alarm clock, shower and head out to Curves at 5:00. After a half-hour workout, I have coffee with my fellow Curves gals, till it's time for me to go home and get ready to go to work. I have been doing this for nearly
    10 years. Of course I'm in bed and asleep by 9:00 at the latest.
  • Donnaovercomer
    Donnaovercomer Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    M, T, TH, F, Sat 5am for boot camp, love it!! Weds is 5am for the gym. I also have a dress that I bought that is hanging near my mirror so I can see it everyday. I also don't let the scale dictate who I am anymore. If I am doing what I am supposed to be, eating right, sleeping, my clothes feel good (and getting looser) and I feel good than I am doing what I need to be doing!!
  • nerdy2013
    nerdy2013 Posts: 8
    Options
    I get up at 5. Walk the dogs for an hour and a half(ish) and then circuit training for 40 mins(ish)

Do you guys who get up at 3/4 actually get any sleep :D
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I get up at 3:10 Tuesdays and Thursdays to spend an hour in the gym. It is so peaceful. (I'm on the train at 5:19.) I'm usually up at 5:00 on Saturday/Sunday.

One of my tricks (which I often conveniently forget about) is to say to myself "Stop thinking! Just get up!".

We all tend to overanalyze situations too much, choosing the least uncomfortable option. Is it too cold? Did I stay up too late to get up so early? Is it too late to put in an effective workout before work? Am I too sore? Am I too hungry? Are all my workout cloths in the wash?

As Nike says, Just do it! Just get up.

100% agree! I would have sooo many excuses in my head before a workout, juvery possible excuse you can think of, including "oh well 30 mins won't burn much calories".. I just have to force myself to go and I never ever regretted a workout that I actually did.
  • bluebear_74
    bluebear_74 Posts: 179
    Options
    I want to try working out mornings but I start work at 7AM (wake up around 6:15AM) so I would have to get up really early, plus I usually shower at night in my parents en suite and I would have to shower after working out and would wake my parents up in the morning if I were to. I ain't going to work stinky.
  • SoulEater7
    SoulEater7 Posts: 31
    Options
    I want 2 start going gym early, out of curiosity, all you people who get up at crazy o'clock, what time to do you go sleep? lol
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    I get up @ around 1AM, drink 16-20oz of water, pack my food for the day, get ready and go. I work out from around 2:30 am - 3:30 - 4am, then go straight to work for 12.5hrs.... My gym is at the shop where I work. I average 3-4 miles a day and 40+ flights of stairs a day while at work also.

WOW!!! You must go to bed SUPER early??

Yea, I try and get to bed around 6pm every night, usually ends up being more like 7pm though ......
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I run about 2am in the morning. I go to sleep around 6.30pm every weekday night. On weekends, I 'sleep in' and get up around 6am and go for a longer run (16 - 18 miles right now) starting around 7am. :-)
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    wow! I just don't get up early unless I have work. I'm usually in the gym around 10am
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    5AM and to the gym by 5:30. I have everything ready to go the night before. My gym bag, work clothes picked out and in the bag, etc. I do all my personal hygeine tasks at the gym after my workout. All I do is hit the alarm, change into my gym clothes and jump into my car. Key for me is to get driving into the direction of the gym before my mind and body realize what's happening. LOL.

^^this on non-float days^^

4AM wakeup when I have to travel to a different clinic.
  • Froody2
    Froody2 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Jaysus, don't you people find yourselves hating every minute of it? I'm always slower and angrier if forced to run in the am - I could, quite frankly, kick kittens.

Go for a run at 6pm, on the other hand, and life is sweet ...I smile at dogs and small children and don't even mind if I step in something warm and squishy.
  • silverlining84
    silverlining84 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I do! My favorite time to workout is in the morning. I usually get to the gym around 730. I would go earlier but I have to take my daughter to her daycare first. Even after I work night shifts at work i'll still go. I find after a good workout I sleep so much better throughout the day.
  • malone103
    malone103 Posts: 24
    Options
    I would if I could but my gym only opens art 6.30am and I start work at 7.30am. Have found going in the evening better then I thought, but I would prefer to go first thing in the morning. I'm sure it doesn't matter when you exercise as long as you do, right?