US Stores where sizes run big or small

Options
2»

Replies

• fourfiftythree
    fourfiftythree Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I hate vanity sizing. Old Navy runs ridiculously large. I think American Eagle's tops run small and their pants run large (so weird), but maybe it's my body type. Forever 21, the Buckle and Maurices run true to size for me... however, I have some old shirts from the Buckle in size XL and compared to a size XL now they are like Mediums! Clothing measurements have grown, along with the population.
  • bunkahes
    bunkahes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Congrets on loosing the weight. yeah old navy sizes big, i fit into size 16-18 exercise shorts and i am a size 24. I have notice that mall stores run small exept for the ones that are geared to plus size women. And even then they can small.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Old Navy is one of the worst for clothing running too big. I had an XXL shirt that I bought at a thrift store that fit me at 300 pounds.

Clothing sizes drive me bonkers!

I have a pair of Banana Republic pants in a size eight that fit, Old Navy jeans in a size ten that fit, and a pair of jeans from Nine West in a 14 that fit.

In designer jeans I'm a 31-32.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Nordstrom's juniors department runs really small and their Rock Star Jeans are only for the tall and thin!!! Beware!!! But, their IT brand jeans run big and have a lot of stretch. I usually get m'y jeans there because I can go down a size or two and wear them for a while.
    Another good brand is American Rag. Very stretchy, very wearable and they last. You can get them at Macy's.
    As far as designer jeans go, True Religions run the roomiest.
    Forever 21 runs small, but a lot of their stores now include a Faith 21 section with extended sizes, which is really nice. I'm a big shopper so I keep mental notes of what to try on and what to steer clear of! :laugh: :laugh:

I have to agree with True Religion being pretty roomy. When I was 190 pounds & went to a few outlets they were the only brand that really fit well when it comes to designer denim. A lot of the designer jeans I tried on at that weight wouldn't fit well at the calves & were super long.