What do you do to help you stay motivated?

Options
13»

Replies

• ThinGalInside
    Options
    What Facebook fitness pages do you like? I'm looking for some.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    none of the outside influences are going to work unless you just want it so badly it hurts.
    wanting to change and achieve your goal more than sleep, more than many other things.
    I just finally had enough, and once i found a plan that worked for me,
    the only thing standing in my way, is me.
  • MellowBlueCat
    Options
    cute clothes, slight better quality of life. i want to be treated like a human being, i just want to be normal instead of sticking out like a ugly sore thumb, where ever i go. i just want people to leave me alone, instead of using my looks to push themselves up.
  • Ginoo
    Ginoo Posts: 56
    Options
    My birthday is in August and I promised myself sexy lingerie as a prize for reaching my goal weight. I have also printed out my progress photos and stuck them on my cupboard door. That way I see them all the time.
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I motivate others to help myself stay motivated as well as read other's success stories. It is amazing how good you feel when you spread around positive energy!
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Progress pictures!!
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I motivate others to help myself stay motivated as well as read other's success stories. It is amazing how good you feel when you spread around positive energy!

I do the same. I also keep progress photos of my own and the small changes that I see make me keep going, the beginning photo reminds me where I have been. I look at that "before" pic every single day to remind me that I need to stay on track.
  • candacefausset
    candacefausset Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    These are all so great. I think I will take a pic soon even though it won't technically be my starting weight- I haven't lost enough yet anyway to really make a difference. But it will be good for me to look at it everyday I think. I typically get really depressed when I look at myself but I think I have had such a better mood lately since I have been walking, I think I will be able to avoid being depressed and use it as a motivational tool.

And I can totally see how motivating others helps. It keeps you on track more I think because it feels like others are looking up to you. I hope to lose weight and my little sister sees it.