Any other new mom's out there?

mamabear26
mamabear26 Posts: 1 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm 12 weeks postpartum and after being plateaued on my weight loss for a full month, I'm giving in to dieting. Since I'm not nursing anymore, I'm not limited by anything. I'm only ten pounds over what I was before pregnancy, but I'd love to lose forty total. At this point, my workouts will be limited to walking the dog with the baby in a front carrier. But since I'm starting from zero exercise wise, I think this'll be good enough for now. We walk about a twenty minute route and I'd love to do this M-F, depending on whether.

Anyone else in a similar position?

Replies

• anikab
    anikab Posts: 150 Member
    my daughter will be 3 months on monday, and I also have a 2yr old so I do Jillian Michael's workout dvd once a day. I can't go run like I would like to because I don't have a double stroller for the girls and really I enjoy doing the dvd more anyway because I don't have to pack up 2 kids and leave, I just set it up in my living room and go for it. I've got 28lbs to lose so I workout 7 days a week.
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 646 Member
    I pretty much do the same as the other poster. my son is 2 now and I Do taebo when he was an infant I did it when he napped now I do it with him and he loves it! It so cute when I do ab workouts he couches down beside me puts his liitle hands under my neck and says go mommy go Up up He loves it so much and I get to play with him and get in my workout. Let you baby see you active from the time it is small and the child will just feel its a normal part of life instead of an inconvence to their day or loss of attention Right after I had him I packed him up in his stroller and hit the mall. He loved it when he wasnt sleeping and it's a suprising way to burn calories. Enjoy it and have fun with it that is key.
  • anikab
    anikab Posts: 150 Member
    I pretty much do the same as the other poster. my son is 2 now and I Do taebo when he was an infant I did it when he napped now I do it with him and he loves it! It so cute when I do ab workouts he couches down beside me puts his liitle hands under my neck and says go mommy go Up up He loves it so much and I get to play with him and get in my workout. Let you baby see you active from the time it is small and the child will just feel its a normal part of life instead of an inconvence to their day or loss of attention Right after I had him I packed him up in his stroller and hit the mall. He loved it when he wasnt sleeping and it's a suprising way to burn calories. Enjoy it and have fun with it that is key.

My 2yr old works out with me too! She does crunches with me and tries to do jumping jacks. it is super cute and we turn on music too so she loves it. and yes, have fun with it otherwise you'll stop doing it because you'll get bored.
This discussion has been closed.