You know you are addicted to working out when...

Options
When....

- Someone invites you to dinner after work and you think "crap, better get up early and go in the AM cause I just cant mess up my schedule"
- You own and buy more athletic sneakers than heels or dress shoes
- Your sports bra drawer has over flowed
- You get more excited for leg day than Friday
- You google the hotel you are staying at to make sure it has a fitness center that is acceptable
- Calluses arent gross but awesome!
- You follow more fitness people on instagram that you don't know than people you know in real life

Replies

• plateaued
    plateaued Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    After missing a day, you feel cranky and depressed from endorphin withdrawal.
  • kinglou92
    kinglou92 Posts: 5
    Options
    When...

-You have memberships to more than one gym just in case
  • earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    YOu come home after an 8 hour shift of being on your feet all day and start cleaning house for another 2 hours (dinner included) your still in your uniform...................finally finding the time to work out after dinner that you have so graciously prepared!!! :noway:
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    When....

- Someone invites you to dinner after work and you think "crap, better get up early and go in the AM cause I just cant mess up my schedule"

This one is me! I have found that I am avoiding so many social get togethers because they disturb my lifting schedule. lol.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Your date night includes (at least) one of the following:

1. A visit to the gym for some lifting.
    2. A 3 mile run
    4. A trip to go indoor rock climbing
    5. Stopping by a sporting goods store so you can look at all the cool stuff you need/want
  • missADS1981
    missADS1981 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    When....

This one is me! I have found that I am avoiding so many social get togethers because they disturb my lifting schedule. lol.

same here! it changes everything...means i have to get up at 530am to work out before work so i can go out after lol
  • Loftearmen
    Loftearmen Posts: 380
    Options
    You *kitten* with chalk
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    The trainer knows your schedule before your name.

You hurt your leg...but you go in the next day on crutches to do upper body.
  • missADS1981
    Options
    - you do your laundry and you find one pair of jeans and everything else is spandex shorts and pants. :x
    - when you stop using your fancy girly handbags bc everything is always in your gym bag instead
    - your polar watch is your favorite accessory
  • kegger1997
    kegger1997 Posts: 74
    Options
    my gym is next to my chiropractors
    -when you walk in to the gym for an appt with your chiropractor.
    -forget you were on your way to drop your son off to school and pull into the gym parking lot and he speaks up.
  • LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    When....

- You google the hotel you are staying at to make sure it has a fitness center that is acceptable

ALL OF THE ABOVE!!! ANd you know what! IT MAKES ME PROUD!!! Also, hubby now knows the schedule! "I want to watch a movie tonight. Will you be home by 8?" :laugh: He used to assume I would just go the next day. He now knows I will not!!
  • missADS1981
    Options
    When....

ALL OF THE ABOVE!!! ANd you know what! IT MAKES ME PROUD!!! Also, hubby now knows the schedule! "I want to watch a movie tonight. Will you be home by 8?" :laugh: He used to assume I would just go the next day. He now knows I will not!!

If someone asks me mid-day "want to grab a drink after work" I have to seriously contemplate it in my head. (my mind screams "No, sorry I have arm day today") <---- issues.
  • IIISpartacusIII
    IIISpartacusIII Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    - feel like a kid at christmas when your order of knee sleeves comes in because now you can still squat without as much inflamation

- freak out when you tally up your protein at the end of the day and it's not at least one gram per pound of bodyweight

- are happy wearing shorts because you get to show off the cut up shins you got while deadlifting

- carefully select the playlist you put on your ipod to insure maximum insanity while lifting

- aren't quite clear what a "day off" even really means...

- fondly reminisce about the workouts that ended in you puking or blacking out

- consider near death experiences "just another day at the gym"

- start seriously trying to figure out how much protein typical household pets have

- would take daily ice baths if they were proven to offer a performance advantage

- spend more time talking to the waitress rather than your date if she knows about fast twitch muscle fibers and neuromuscular efficiency
  • Smamfa
    Smamfa Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You get a text from your husband telling you the kids have their cousins over for a surprise sleepover and your first thought is how early you need to get up to get your Insanity workout done before they're up! ( happened tonight -alarm is set for 6.45 on a Saturday)

It's like waiting for Father Christmas to arrive after you've ordered your first heart rate monitor:)
  • Cyclink
    Cyclink Posts: 517 Member
    Options

A true addict would see moving the workout as messing up the schedule and decline dinner.
  • Loftearmen
    Loftearmen Posts: 380
    Options

A true addict would see moving the workout as messing up the schedule and decline dinner.

I guess I'm an addict
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    When you only visit your sister to see if her kids are the right weight for curls yet
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    - aren't quite clear what a "day off" even really means...

- fondly reminisce about the workouts that ended in you puking or blacking out

- consider near death experiences "just another day at the gym"

- start seriously trying to figure out how much protein typical household pets have

- would take daily ice baths if they were proven to offer a performance advantage

- spend more time talking to the waitress rather than your date if she knows about fast twitch muscle fibers and neuromuscular efficiency

lmao <--- and so much of what is found humorous is what people can relate to... ;)
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    After everyone has gathered outside the building, for a mandatory fire drill, and the lobby is jam-packed with a mass of humanity waiting forever for the limited number of elevators to return from ferrying another small group of people willing to wait 'forever' for its glacial paced-navigation of the 15 floors of the building, as it stops at seemingly every single one... and instead of being like the 'sheepizens' one is temporarily surrounded by, you think, "screw this, I'm takin' the stairs" -- even though you work on the 15th floor... and you seem to experience an endorphin rush before even setting foot on that first step of many, while suddenly wondering, "how quickly can I do this...?" -- and you enjoy the heck out of the 'quad hell' you inflict on yourself voluntarily, and would gladly do it again, 'in a heartbeat' (after you get a base rhythm back, that is ;) ), and regardless of the fact that this particular time that you took the stairs, it actually 'made sense' to others, and thus no one thought you were crazy (not that it matters, but)... ;)
  • Viva81Diva
    Viva81Diva Posts: 148
    Options
    When
    You consider burning 1000 workout calories that day to be "alright" instead of awesome. :p