UNDER my goal weight for the 1st time in 10 years!!!!!!!

Options
For the first time in 10 years...I have made it under my goal weight! It feels so unreal...I think I stepped on the scale 10 times this morning!! For me...this is more than just being 'thin'. It's to be healthy. To live a lifestyle that is happy, healthy, and active. When I was a little kid in elementary school I use to cry myself to sleep some nights because of the cruel names I use to be called. I was the "ugly duckling" and even after all of these years I've never forgotten them. Once a person has a mental image of themselves and harsh words are used...it's hard to change that image of yourself. I thought losing the weight would be the hard part...but I'm discovering that changing the mental image of myself is proving harder.

I got rid of 30 pounds in about 4 months. I of course needed to buy new clothing because everything I owned was falling off of me. After 2 exchanges...I finally have the right size clothing. I kept telling myself that I needed the larger size when in reality I didn't. I know its going to take time to change my mental image of myself, most of the time we are our own worst enemy...

To anyone that is reading this right now...and you feel like your stuck...I felt that way many times...you CAN push through it!!! It's not easy. And there are many temptations along the way, but you can still allow yourself to enjoy the temptations as long as your willing to exercise and still make good choices the majority of the time. Find something your passionate about! For me it was discovering Zumba! I love music and love to dance! To mix things up I'm going to try running. This fall I signed up for a 5k Obstacle Course called Rugged Maniac and I am so EXCITED!!!

Don't give up. NEVER give up! If you have a bad day...tomorrow is a new day! You have every opportunity to take care of yourself and to do it! The only person stopping you is you. Make the right choices while eating at home or out. Find an exercise you are passionate about and you WANT to do! Be your own cheerleader! YOU CAN DO IT!!!! I know how hard it is to get going...and that's probably the hardest part. There is no secret pill. Just hard work and sweat with making the right eating choices.

I like to remind myself that I haven't 'lost' the weight...I got RID of the weight and I don't ever plan on finding it again!

Replies

• fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

I have 26 lbs more to go, looking forward to it!
  • sudmom
    sudmom Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Love your post! Great job!!! :)
  • VeeBethTris
    VeeBethTris Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :)
  • kizzyb1977
    kizzyb1977 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Great post and congratulations to you for all your hard work!
  • Denise8P
    Denise8P Posts: 23
    Options
    That is awesome! Congrats on all you have accomplished :)

30 pounds in 4 months is FAST, especially when close to goal weight. Do you mind sharing some of tips on your diet, exercise, calorie deficit and such? As a MFP newbie I am soaking up all the info I can, especially when it comes to staying healthy while losing weight :)
  • hhayes06
    hhayes06 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Awesome job Jennifer! You have rocked this lifestyle change and you will continue to keep on rocking! Way to go lady, I am so proud of you!
  • soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring post. Congrats on your success!:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!