Raw Food Diet - fad or fab?

Options
2»

Replies

• christiemerre
    christiemerre Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I went raw in August 2013, and by Christmas, had lost 25 pounds. Yes, it was hard because we are a blended family with five kids, so it seemed impractical for me and my husband to go totally raw. I make dinner for my husband and me while supervising one of our kids as he/she makes a different dinner for the kids (one that they'll actually eat.). While it's not the easiest solution we chose to forage ahead anyway, and we noticed a lot of health problems went away. Skin cleared up (I struggle with psoriasis and monthly acne), joint pain disappeared, and we had a lot more energy. After the holidays and a move however, eating raw was too difficult with all we had going on. I regained 15 pounds, and here it is April! My skin problems reappeared, and inflammation returned. We've gone back to raw eating, but I need some support. I have several recipes that we like, but we need some more variety. I have some raw "un-cook" books, but a lot of them are ingredient intensive and I don't rely on my dehydrator much. If anyone has some good tips and recipes, could you please share those with me? Thanks!