You can't just have one.....

Options

Replies

• SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Notice what all these foods have in common? Sugar/and or wheat/corn. Sugar and grain (particularly wheat) are addictive. When you eat some, you always want more. I cut out sugary foods (and that includes processed foods that contain hidden sugar) and all gluten-containing grain (which is everything but the odd bowl of steel-cut oats and the occasional serving of rice). The most addictive are foods that contain both sugar and gluten. Wheat Thins actually have quite a bit of sugar in them as well as wheat.

From Livestrong: "...Wheat Thins contain...ingredients to improve flavor. In order from greatest to least, the flavor-enhancing ingredients of Wheat Thins are sugar, malt syrup, invert sugar and salt. Malt syrup is a thick substance akin to molasses derived from barley and corn. Invert sugar is sucrose divided into fructose and glucose, then mixed. This mixture is sweeter than sucrose, while retaining moisture and consistency.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/294567-ingredients-in-wheat-thins/#ixzz2SGMmbAad
  • Annmarie0426
    Options
    Yep...that is me too...cheetos, chips, fritos...can't stop! Especially if there is dip too...
  • carrieo888
    carrieo888 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Recently, tortilla chips are my binge food. Unfortunately, hubby also bought a wicked can of Original Pringles - I apparently can't just eat one of those, either.

Trainer suggests eating avocado or almonds (because the binges indicate a need for fats), which works moderately well, but sometimes the chips won't stop calling me. :-}
  • vampvegan
    vampvegan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    ......serving of broccoli.

pshaw ~ I mean glass of wine! :drinker:
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Cereal.
    Yes. I had to give up cereal. One serving was just enough to piss me off.
  • Amy_Andrews
    Amy_Andrews Posts: 106
    Options
    Oreo, slice of bacon, glass of wine
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Siding with bacon. Yes, I have eaten that entire package of bacon. And it was delicious. I tend not to keep snack foods in my house, came from a family of snackers, I know what happens to that bag no matter how big or small.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I am a Wheat Thin junky too, more than sweets or anything!!
  • AshCash803
    AshCash803 Posts: 35
    Options
    Hershey's kisses. I can not eat just one.
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    chocolate
    ice cream
    doritos
    white bread
    oreos
    :laugh:
  • Starklover
    Starklover Posts: 57
    Options
    Parmesan Garlic Thin Triscuits..... 14 crackers is a serving... 41 crackers is closer to what I will consume if I am not paying attention!
  • skinnydreams19
    skinnydreams19 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    This goes for chocolate, nuts, seeds, dried fruits, granola, bread, ice cream...so many things. Hence why I'm here :/
  • kerricus
    kerricus Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Yes. I had to give up cereal. One serving was just enough to piss me off.

Yep. Same here. Had to give up muesli because its was too delicious.

Also, pizza, buttered toast, and pita chips. Basically, anything that is a simple carbohydrate drenched with lots of oil.
  • dancinrascal
    dancinrascal Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    grapes
    cherries
    m&ms
    a spoonful of peanut butter
    a piece of dried mango
    pretzels
    almonds
    peanuts
    cashews
    macadamias
    mostly anything small a circular...
  • lobo_a_gogo
    lobo_a_gogo Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I'm a pizzaholic.
  • krislady
    krislady Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My one thing is black licorice. I've actually bought a package, opened it, taken a serving (handful) out, and HIDDEN the bag from myself.

10 minutes later, I'm digging it back out of whatever inaccessible place I stuck it.

And now? The DOG has gotten hooked on it too, so I have to share - so I stopped buying the stuff!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Anything with that deadly gluten/sugar combination basically - cereal, cake, brownie, muffin, cupcake, doughnut, toast, cookie... also the same issue with milk chocolate and ice cream, so I guess dairy and sugar is a pretty bad combination too. I wish I was a person who could just have one serving of something a day as a treat and not continue. But I think for anyone prone to addiction, prone to depression, prone to boredom or who eats as much for taste as for satiety and fuel, these foods will always prove a problem.
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I can not eat just one M & M.

or
    one Mike & Ike

or
    one Cheetos

Or
    one Oreo cookie

or
    one french fry

Omg! The grape ones are my favorite. I can eat the whole box
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Beer......
  • 1two3four
    1two3four Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Chips and salsa. Or crackers. Green beans.

It's also impossible to have ONE doughnut when a box is present. Unless they're stale. Then it gets a fraction easier. Still very hard!!