Working Out Outside?

Options
bambi2578
bambi2578 Posts: 155 Member
So, I currently live on the second floor in my apartment, and my neighbor below complains about me working out. I've tried to do it when she's not home, but now my schedule is changing and it'll be pretty early (around 7am). I have no where to go... other than outside. We have a shared back yard with a semi-high fence. Anyone can watch me except for one house.

Has anyone else done this before? Is it something you would do? Do you think I can do anything to make it less awkward?

ETA: I'm looking to do a quick 20-30 minute work out video - Jillian Michaels or something to that effect.

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Why would it be awkward? Go get your workout on and don't worry about anyone that sees you.

A few years back I ran into the same problem while trying to do Insanity in my apartment. I moved to the tennis courts. Big fat guy jumping around like a madman in front of people. Whatever. Once I got into the workout I could barely hear my music, much less worry about the people playing tennis on the next court.

Pro-tip: Get an exercise mat. Both for grip and for your joints.
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Now that the weather is nice I have been working out on a mat on my deck or out in the yard. If im doing a video I bring my laptop outside and do it from there. I would way rather do it outside then inside in the nice weather. My backyard is not shared however but two of my neighbours can see into my yard but....no one seems to be out in their yards at 7...if they were I would just wave!
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    haha yup. I work out outside all the time! Before I moved out of my parent's house I'd workout in the backyard whenever I could. :D You can jump around and be as loud as you want lol Now that I live in a sky rise I go to public parks to workout sometimes. Don't worry about people watching you, you're doing something great for yourself and plus you'll probably never even see em again anyway!