Anyone get the new fitbit yet?

I just purchased the fitbit flex today. Can't wait to try it out tomorrow. Anyone using this? What do you like or don't like about it? How accurate does it seem to be? Dominate hand or not.

Replies

• DirtyTrickster
    DirtyTrickster Posts: 202 Member
    I just purchased the fitbit flex today. Can't wait to try it out tomorrow. Anyone using this? What do you like or don't like about it? How accurate does it seem to be? Dominate hand or not.
    also interested in the flex
  • Livingdeadnurse
    Livingdeadnurse Posts: 140 Member
    Very comfortable to wear. I don't really notice that I am wearing it. I like that it has a large and small band included
  • haymancm
    haymancm Posts: 280 Member
    I just have the fitbit zip. What does yours read?
  • ElizMurphy69
    ElizMurphy69 Posts: 61 Member
    Where you get it? I thought it didn't come out until May 13th?
  • Livingdeadnurse
    Those that preordered dont get it till then. They had a early release for best buy.
  • Livingdeadnurse
    Reads steps , distance, and calories burned. Only thing I can figure out is do I out my exercises in?
  • Livingdeadnurse
    Also measures your sleep patterns. It's water proof. You can shower and swim with it. No diving.
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 970 Member
    I want it. It's not out in Canada yet. =(
  • Livingdeadnurse
    Sorry it's not out in Canada..when does it come out for you? Can you order from best buy online?
  • SameMe_JustLess
    SameMe_JustLess Posts: 245 Member
    I don't know. I have the Flex on now, but am seriously considering taking it back for a FitBit One. I miss the stairs and the display already from my old Ultra.
  • N8r8r
    N8r8r Posts: 75 Member
    Reads steps , distance, and calories burned. Only thing I can figure out is do I out my exercises in?

From what I read on Fitbit/MFP websites, when you integrate the two accounts together, you just need to put in a start time for your exercise and how long you did said exercise and then it takes care of the rest.

I for one just got the Fitbit One and I'm loving just going about my day and having the extra calorie boost
  • standoug888
    standoug888 Posts: 126 Member
    im wondering are these type of devices really worth it?..i knw it shows u how much calories u burn all day on it and stuff like that I had the bodymedia fit and I took it back because I couldn't get it to sync with my phone im wondering is the flex better then the bm?
  • Livingdeadnurse
    Mine syncs by my computer, ipod, ipad and Droid Razr
  • Livingdeadnurse

From what I read on Fitbit/MFP websites, when you integrate the two accounts together, you just need to put in a start time for your exercise and how long you did said exercise and then it takes care of the rest.

I for one just got the Fitbit One and I'm loving just going about my day and having the extra calorie boost

Found the answer here before reading your post.

Here is what it said which is pretty much what you found

MyFitnessPal Help

Will my exercise calories be counted twice now that I'm using Fitbit and MyFitnessPal?

By entering the time you begin your cardio exercise, the calories burned, and the number of minutes you exercised, MyFitnessPal and fitbit.com can correctly reconcile your cardio exercise with the increased activity recorded by your Fitbit during that period of time. Without the start time and the minutes exercised, it is likely that your increased activity level would be accounted for twice: once when you log it on MyFitnessPal, and once when your Fitbit reports increased activity. Entering the start time ensures that your Net Calorie Goal is not adjusted twice for the same cardio workout. The exercise calories you log with MyFitnessPal will replace the calorie data estimated by your Fitbit for that period of time