$$ saving and weight loss goal

Options
I have lost 35 pounds between August and December 2012 and have managed to maintain my weight at about 145 and I do exercise and portions and stick to my calories but I find that I am no longer able to lose like I was able to.
I am moving to a new city (Pittsburgh) and intend to bike more and continue to improve my eating habits (I am in college and just getting ready to tranfer into the postgrad life). I also intend on taking dance classes but with a limited budget due to college loans, I am feeling so stressed about trying to have the money to maintain a healthy lifestyle while paying for bills.
Further,I really dislike going to the gym (plus they are expensive) but I have knee problems so I have a hard time outside in the cold winter months.
What are some other ways to be more active that might be less costly in the city?

Another note:
I am still unsure of my weight loss goal. I want my end goal to fairly maintainable without having to spend more than an hour a day of activity to continue to maintain my weight. I was 180lbs and I am 5'3"
Any suggestions?

Replies

• jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    walk. everywhere. people underestimate it constantly, but it does wonders- and saves a ton of money when u live in the city :) jogging, calithenics at home (push ups, lunges, squats sit ups, dips, jumping jacks, crunches and situps, etc) are fantastic as well. a lot of people have amazing success with Insanity, Turbo Fire, and other home videos. one time fee of <$100 (or u can likely buy it used on craigslist) and u have an amazing workout at home.

good luck...u can do this!
  • WeightHacker
    WeightHacker Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    well if you are a pirate like me..... you will find ways with the internet.
    (honestly) i saved a lot of money doing stuff like that. <w<

but i still go to the gym.

you can find some great workouts around the house(vids). if your knees cant handle the cold of the outdoors.
    hope that helps
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Swimming is good, and indoor pools are usually heated and warm in winter. There are usually student concession discounts and swimming laps will build all your muscles without putting pressure on any joints. Also try aqua jogging.