Options
FunSizedK
FunSizedK Posts: 144 Member
I need good running shoes what would you say is a good shoe

Replies

• Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Go to a running store and get fitted. What works for me might not work for you. Everyone has a different foot and gait. You should have someone watch you run/walk so they can find a shoe that works best for you.
  • AmandaNichol315
    Options
    Any type of running shoe made by the best: Vibram Five Fingers!

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/products/running_womens.htm

I own a pink pair of their Bikila model myself and they are fantastic. They take a while to get used to, but they work amazingly!
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Go to a running store and get fitted. What works for me might not work for you. Everyone has a different foot and gait. You should have someone watch you run/walk so they can find a shoe that works best for you.

This. Lots of good shoes, but if you wear the wrong shoe FOR YOU, you are potentially inviting injury.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    I like my a.d.i.d.a.s. :)
  • Mjhnbgff
    Mjhnbgff Posts: 112
    Options
    Seriously, go get a gait analysis and a proper fitting at your local running store. Once you know what kind of shoe you need, it's just a matter of finding one you like. Do not buy shoes based on recommendations from random people on MFP.
  • diliveslife
    diliveslife Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Newtons Lady Isaacs Are My Fav To Date.Asics Come In 2ND- The Gel Kayanos.
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    def get fitted! for me, i switched to Brooks about 3 yrs ago and ill never look back. i get new brooks (Adrenaline is best for my foot) every 6 months or so. the only other sneaker that fit really well and didnt hurt my feet on long runs were sauconys.
  • colettedeann
    Options
    gait analysis - and then try the recommendations on their treadmill and they will look how the change in shoe specs affects your gait

you will notice a huge difference to running in a randomly selected show

good luck
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    All the big brands, and most of the smaller ones too, make a variety of shoes with different amounts of support, stability, cushioning, width, weight, flexibility, etc. The best shoe is the one that has the right combination of those things for you based on your foot and your stride.

The perfect shoe for me (neutral, average-to-light cushioning, narrower fit) might be the worst shoe for someone else. I can't wear Sauconys, but other people love them.

Shoes are kinda like jeans... just gotta keep looking until you find the right fit.
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Options

Most definitely. They will fit you for your foot and gait.

I need stability and I have certain shoes to choose from because of that. So I use Nike Structure Triax.
  • Steffani911
    Steffani911 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I just went last week to a running store and got fitted. They did the gate analysis too. I tried on several pair, but the shoe I wanted was $145. Way too much for me to spend. I came home and found them online at running warehouse for $64.88. I then searched and found a promo code. I paid $55.15 shipped. I just ordered them and they'll be here in 3 days. Would be sooner, but it's the weekend. Just my experience. I've been running for just a few months now.