Don't know where this goes but please read!

Options
2»

Replies

• Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    This goes out into the universe somewhere between the twilight zone, the bermuda triangle, and that part of the universe where the black hole has just enough gravity to almost pull you in if you aren't paying attention and steering clear of the wormhole.

Is that clear? Get it now?

not at all.
  • chickadee1166
    chickadee1166 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi, I lost 2.5 stone with weight watchers and found that someone else weighing me made me stick to the diet, so it did work for me for a time but when I started to put a little weight back on I joined ww online, but to be honest this MFP has the same tools for free and its easier to use so I quit ww and came on here. The people on here are really supportive and encouraging and I log in every day.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I just got a 3 month membership before I asked these questions. I totally wish I came back here. But I was here last year and nothing worked for me. Like now it is asking me to eat 2,130 calories. O.o And then on WW it says to eat 49 points..
    I wonder how they go by on there system. How do they maintain everything with the points. So I don't know.. I wanna get in the 100's and that's 180 pounds that I gotta lose. I don't wanna do any strenuous work either. I did last year and it hurt my hip. No idea how I can do this with my pain. I hurt off and on but not all the time.. I can walk but at times I can't. I have the long word that begins with a T on my left hip. Was supposed to go to physical therapy but never went because of my night sleep schedule.. Sleep during the day. I know I shouldn't have excuses but this is how I feel.

And is it really true. Eat anything and everything just gotta moderate yourself. Like if the serving size on Oreo's say just eat 4. Can I really eat 4? Haha. Well I do eat junk food but not more then what it says on the facts.

Does anyone else?

Sorry I am random..

I apologise for being harsh, but first thing you need to do is ditch the excuses, and get to physical therapy if you care at all about your health!

Mindset is so important.... Whether you think you can or you think you cannot, you're right!
  • GrannyGwen1
    GrannyGwen1 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    HI, I TOO HAVE TRIED WW AND IT DINT WORK WELL FOR ME, HOWEVER MY SISTER IN LAW IS DOING THE POINT SYSTEM AND HAS LOST OVER 100#. YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK OUT THE MFP COMMUNITY GROUPS THERE ARE SOME WW GROUPS THERE AND THEY WOULD BE GREAT ONES TO HELP YOU YOU CAN ALSO CHECK SEARCH AND SEE WHAT YOU CAN FIND THERE. WHATEVER YOU DECIDE I WISH YOU MUCH SUCCESS , GG
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    This is free.
  • colettedeann
    Options
    not done it myself - but a lot of people like their support system, goals and their way of 'calorie counting' - it works well for some people - u will know if it works for u - ditch it if it doesnt or stick with it if it does

and u could use both and compare data - and feed back to us what u think is best from each - or think there are discrepancies :)

good luck
  • PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I did WW 4 yrs ago. I lost 67 pounds and became a lifetime member in about 8 months. At the time, I was single, lived alone, only cooked for myself, and would watch tv in the evening from my elliptical. At the time, WW didn't give their lifetime members access to their online tools for free, so I stopped tracking bc I was annoyed that I still had to pay for something after hitting lifetime. (I hear they have now changed this with their program.)

Anyhow, I gained about 57 of those 67 pounds back over the course of 3-3.5 years. My life changed entirely during that time. I started a relationship, moved in with my bf and his 4 yr old son, started a new job in a different area of the state, started cooking for a whole family, and started traveling more for work. In Oct, I saw a picture of myself that made we want to cry.

I have been on and off mfp for about 2 years, but it wasn't until Oct that I got serious. I screwed up over the holidays, but have been quite dedicated since January. I have lost about 34 pounds this time around with about 20 more to go.

So, I realize its a long story to say - both programs work. You just need to figure out which one works best for you. I lost faster on WW, but I was also 26 (now 30) with a very different life style. I am glad that mfp is free and will remain free so I can keep myself in check even after I hit goal again. Good luck!