Having trouble eating enough calories...

Options
2»

Replies

• Baby_sway86
    Baby_sway86 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I'm never hungry. I eat one meal and it's only a little meal. Try shakes or the green drink is really good - well good for u. I'm better at drinking my cals than eating.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    So I changed my diet away from processed crap, fast food and soda and now it is very hard for me to reach the calories needed. Yesterday after exercise I was supposed to eat almost 2550 calories (6'0" 250 lbs, 1.5 lbs a week loss). I ended up at a mere 900

I'm about half a foot shorter than you and half your weight and could easily put down 2550 and more in one sitting. I know. I do sometimes,it's nice.

Eat more calorically dense foods and eat foods you enjoy. You're in no way helping yourself by undereating.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Are you also getting enough protein? I haven't looked at your diary. But, I will take a look now. Wow, you are hitting the dairy pretty hard. I don't see a whole lot of meat in there and I would be worried about my iron and protein levels. Yes, dairy has a lot of protein in it, but not nearly as much as a healthy, lean portion of steak.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter sammich and a glass of milk.

Seriously, your calorie intake affects your hormonal balances. There are hormones that regulate your hunger signals. Do some research on "leptin" and "ghrelin". These tell your body when you are hungry, eat something, and when you are full, stop eating. When you eat a very low calorie diet, you actually suppress the hormone that says you are hungry. You also create too much cortisol which is a stress hormone. Chronic excess cortisol can cause many major health issues.

So, not feeling hungry or feeling hungry is not always a very good indicator of whether or not you should eat more. Get the proper amount of calories. Otherwise you are just messing up your body and while you may lose weight now, this will come with further difficulties down the road.

Many people will say they don't care about the future difficulties, they just want the weight loss now, regardless of any possible future consequences. But do yourself a favor and do it the healthy way.