looking for friends ho keep me motivated

Options
Hi I'm looking for friends to keep me motivated can't fit into my clothes any more and don't want to buy new wardrobe!! Please friend me :)

Replies

• joannaleasa
    joannaleasa Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    and I'm finding self control difficult but with friends i think i can do this
  • lillyfoehn
    lillyfoehn Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, i'd be glad to lend support. :) My Fitness Pal has made me aware of just how high in calories, fat and sugar most of my staple foods are, and it has helped me tremendously. I also have friends whom it has not helped so much. the number one difference: I record everything I eat. even on those days where | went crazy overboard. it's hard to do, and a pain sometimes, but worth it. whereas my friends only like to record when they've done well. they see an overboard day as a mistake they don't want to admit to. I see it as a learning experience. Plus I'm less likely to go overboard the next time, knowing I have to add every single thing. Quite often I'll turn something down just because I don't feel like adding it.
  • traceykay6422
    traceykay6422 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Its difficult but got to stay focused on your goal, we all have off days but you can still turn it around. I have learned my lesson the hard way, if I have bad d:wink: ay I just accept it and move on, generally have more good days than bad. Good luck x :wink:
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Hi Welcome to MFP. I started 11 months ago after having my 1yo. I wish I had found it years ago.
    Good luck with your journey. YOU CAN DO THIS. If you have any questions or need to vent feel free to send a message.
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    hello,add for motivation and support .alex.
  • joannaleasa
    Options
    thank you so much, !! xoxo i have been here before but failed and i think its because i cheated a lot like not actually completing food diary through feeling guilty about things i had and so i just let it go. Like i havnt added dinner or snacks for tonight because i know it will go way over my allowance but i will add it now and hopefully that will encourage me not to do the same thing tomorrow.
  • jesdemers
    jesdemers Posts: 8
    Options
    I need motivation too. I have lost 80lbs, but I've gained back 6lbs and I am really struggling to got get back into the "weight loss mode".

We can do this!!! :happy:
  • Healthy_fresh_start
    Healthy_fresh_start Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    sending fr now :) always happy to have new friends on here for support :)
  • buffty
    buffty Posts: 83
    Options
    I just came here to make a joke about the thread title. But you can add me if you like :drinker:
  • russirwin1
    russirwin1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Me too - you can add me!!! We can keep each other going!!!
  • joannaleasa
    Options
    thank you :) oh i just saw that hahah not good as spelling on the computer sometimes :)
  • joannaleasa
    Options
    have done thanks you
  • joannaleasa
    Options
    thank you :)
  • joannaleasa
    Options
    I need motivation too. I have lost 80lbs, but I've gained back 6lbs and I am really struggling to got get back into the "weight loss mode".

We can do this!!! :happy:

we can thats right!!! We can help each other :)
  • ramblinritz
    ramblinritz Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You should log your food even if it puts you over your limit. It's for learning not for guilt. You can lose weight. YOU can do this. Write down your reasons for losing weight and put them where you can see them everyday. I try and give myself a manicure at night when an unplanned snack urge hits, hard to eat with wet fingernails. And don't compare your beginnings with someone's middle. I saw that quote on something and it stuck with me. I can't compare myself with anyone else's journey to good health, but I can learn from them and at the end of each day be happy with every little step forward I make no matter how small. Add me as friend if you want.
  • littlebird84
    Options
    Me too!!

Have sent you an add request xx
  • melanieell07
    Options
    You can add me if you want, the one thing I've learned from this is if I don't keep a diary I don't lose. And having people support you is a good motivator
  • sharon_moyer
    sharon_moyer Posts: 177
    Options
    I sent you a friend request.
  • joannaleasa
    Options
    thank you so much everyone i am overwhelmed with support you are all awesome!
  • 20More
    20More Posts: 45
    Options
    You can add me as a friend! I am on everyday and find lots of inspiration among the women I am friends with on here!