Trying to get a wheat belly

Options
13»

Replies

• pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Hmm... I have to report that I cheated, and on many days forgot to eat wheat, and had ice cream instead.

But I've been eating wheat at least four times a week.

It's almost like the wheat belly thing is complete and utter bull****.
  • caseyg9888
    caseyg9888 Posts: 36
    Options
    Um, not if you actually have a wheat sensitivity.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I eat seitan and bread almost every day. I was thinking of doubling up on the gluten in my seitan but perhaps the previous poster is correct, it won't effect me unless I have a sensitivity. What about a beer belly? How do you get one of those?
  • pcastagner
    Options
    Um, not if you actually have a wheat sensitivity.

Dr William Davis, author of wheat belly, claims it will make everyone fat, and is bad for everyone. A large proportion of those in the anti wheat movement have no wheat sensitivity.

Right now, on the wheat belly blog, is an article claiming wheat is bad for you because it's related to other grasses, cows eat grasses, you're not a cow, therefore, don't eat wheat.

Never mind that chestnuts come from trees, beavers eat trees, and you aren't a beaver. Or that many people I know are clearly cows.
  • pcastagner
    Options
    Well I've ruined the experiment by neglecting to eat my wheat.

On the other hand, I have been eating a chocolate dipped cone from McDonald's every day for the past month.

So shouldn't I have a high fructose corn syrup belly by now?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Well I've ruined the experiment by neglecting to eat my wheat.

On the other hand, I have been eating a chocolate dipped cone from McDonald's every day for the past month.

So shouldn't I have a high fructose corn syrup belly by now?

doesnt the cone have wheat in?
  • pluckabee
    pluckabee Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Nice experiment bro.

Have you contacted science yet?
  • pcastagner
    Options
    Nice experiment bro.

Have you contacted science yet?

I tried, but they went on and on about sample size and something about not needing an experiment to debunk a hypothesis which had almost no scientific validity in the first place.

Science is so ****ing anal.

I forgot about the wheat in the cone! But that is still a big drop in wheat consumption. The main reason for dropping most wheat from my diet is that I went from Europe to the USA and American bread mostly sucks. So I went back to sticky rice.

Now I'm in Japan and not sure where my diet is going. I'm allergic to fish so it's going to be hard for me to find lean meats.