Feeling a little discouraged

Options
4ever420
4ever420 Posts: 4,088 Member
So I tonight I was out at the bar with friends. I did my hair, makeup, was wearing a cute outfit and felt great. I've lost 80lbs and am feeling so much more confident but still about 40lbs away from my goal weight. I feel like I looked pretty hot. So at the end of the evening my friends get in a cab and I'm about to get in a different cab (cause I live in the opposite end of the city) when I notice a group of about 4 attractive guys standing around. Two thin attractive girls pass by and they say "good evening ladies" so I wonder if they will say anything to me when I pass by them. So I walk by them feeling all sexy and they say absolutely nothing...nada. For some stupid reason I desperately wanted them to acknowledge me for the sexy *kitten* woman I am becoming but when there was absolutely no response it stung quit a bit. I hate that it bothers me so much but I just want some sort of justification that men do find me hot. I am a happily married woman and my husband has always found me attractive no matter what size I am so I know it really doesn't matter but I want to know I'm attractive to other men who don't know and love me. I've yet to be hit on except by creepy drunken men but that doesn't count. Is it so wrong that I want to be hit on once in a while by cute guys to confirm that I do indeed look as sexy as I feel?

Replies

• gettinfitaus
    gettinfitaus Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Right there with you. I was trying to explain this to DP the other night but he didn't get it.
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    It might not be what you want to hear, but beauty IS in the eye of the beholder. Just because you have lost 80 lbs (which is GREAT, btw!!), not everyone is all of a sudden think you are attractive. Just like not everyone thinks supermodels are sexy!

Just because they did acknowledge those skinny women before, doesn't mean they only did it because they were skinny - but because they were attractive in their eyes (and beauty/sexiness is a whole lot more than just the body!). And just the same, there will be men that find YOU attractive, and not those skinny women.

Be happy with the person that does find you attractive - your husband, that is all that counts!
  • SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    It might not be what you want to hear, but beauty IS in the eye of the beholder. Just because you have lost 80 lbs (which is GREAT, btw!!), not everyone is all of a sudden think you are attractive. Just like not everyone thinks supermodels are sexy!

Just because they did acknowledge those skinny women before, doesn't mean they only did it because they were skinny - but because they were attractive in their eyes (and beauty/sexiness is a whole lot more than just the body!). And just the same, there will be men that find YOU attractive, and not those skinny women.

Be happy with the person that does find you attractive - your husband, that is all that counts!

I agree with this lady above me

I was a man for 20 yrs who was slim and I left him, I am now married to a man 13 yrs older than me, he is a little heavy, But I never look at any other man. because I have the ideal man

each to there own

"Do not be discouraged by who you are at present. Be motivated by who you WILL become in the future"

anyone can add me