diet/zero/free drinks

Options
2»

Replies

• chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I really like soda water plus fresh lemon or lime - makes you feel like you're having soda but no sugar and no chemicals...

oh and if you put gin in it, that's good too.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options

It wasn't until someone told me that the chemicals in the diet soda are actually inhibiting weight loss
    There's no reputable peer reviewed scientific research that shows that. It's just another weight loss myth. As with anything in moderation is fine but if you have too much of one thing it's never going to be good for you. Even too much water can be bad for you

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication
  • musicmint
    musicmint Posts: 469
    Options
    When I worked at Taco Bell....I stopped drinking soda cold turkey because I saw how it was being made...SYRUP IN TUBES!!!!! I lost 10 lbs after quitting....now when I drink soda it is too sugary...not only that but I had two root canals because soda decaying my teeth.. THAT SHOULD BE ENOUGH REASONS TO MAKE YOU WANT TO QUIT lol
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    When I worked at Taco Bell....I stopped drinking soda cold turkey because I saw how it was being made...SYRUP IN TUBES!!!!! I lost 10 lbs after quitting....now when I drink soda it is too sugary...not only that but I had two root canals because soda decaying my teeth.. THAT SHOULD BE ENOUGH REASONS TO MAKE YOU WANT TO QUIT lol
    Err this thread is about diet soda. So no tooth decay
  • bethany41h
    bethany41h Posts: 218
    Options
    From a weight loss perspective, you can drink diet drinks and still lose weight. My mother went from 300lbs to a body builder and only gave up her diet soda going into shows. From a healthy perspective, in general, there are a lot of terrible things in soda. So it's really a personal decision about what you feel comfortable putting into your body. I've know ppl who drank diet soda their whole lives and it hasn't appeared to cause them any health problems. I drink only water and occasional alcohol beverage from time to time... and I was a full on soda junkie my entire life... and I prefer life without it :)
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Err this thread is about diet soda. So no tooth decay

This.

Plus correlation doesn't equal causation.

Sugar is in a lot of things.. and if you don't take proper care of your teeth, you are going to have problems no matter what you drink.
  • shulula
    shulula Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I agree with everything in moderation. Pre diet I used to drink a lot of full fat coke every day at work (I used to work in a restaurant) but now I'm on a diet I only drink diet soft drinks if I really fancy something fizzy. This may be because I don't particularly like the taste of diet drinks. I saw on a tv programme that diet drinks make you crave sugar because of the artificial sweetener so maybe its how you handle the cravings? Each to their own I guess!
  • Jers43
    Jers43 Posts: 100
    Options
    I think you can have some. Just cut back I am afraid of the chemicals in diet drinks. I used to drink diet coke every day i did some "research " online. scary stuff
  • toscarthearmada
    toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to the Keg Root Beer. Zero calories, sugar, and carbs!
  • bwnorton
    bwnorton Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have a few guilty pleasures. Coffee in the morning is one of them. I read my digital paper and drink my coffee with skim milk and enjoy the day. I also have an occasional Coke Zero.

Everything in moderation!
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I don't get why diet sodas are so hated yet everyone is cool with protein supps which contain the same artificial sweeteners lol.
  • dz8397
    dz8397 Posts: 3
    Options
    I've found this:

http://www.kmart.com/smart-sense-water-sparkling-blackberry-apple-33.8-fl/p-033W025830800001P?prdNo=21&blockNo=21&blockType=G21

to be a great alternative to regular and diet sodas for my taste buds.

I still drink Diet Coke/Coke Zero or Diet Pepsi/Pepsi Max sometimes when eating out, but when I feel like something carbonated at home the Smart Sense sparkling waters do the trick.
  • marylovehellokitty
    marylovehellokitty Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I love fanta zero!!
  • marylovehellokitty
    marylovehellokitty Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I love fanta orange zero!!
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to the Keg Root Beer. Zero calories, sugar, and carbs!

If only we had a good supply of root beer in the UK.