Adding to Insanity

Options
I just wanted some advice . I love to jog. since I started insanity I have not been jogging am I being to careful? I don't want to negate any benefits of the workout but when the weather is nice I want to get out there and run.

Replies

• jc1961AA
    jc1961AA Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I don't think you will negate at all. I do Insanity but not everyday, I do Stronglift 3 times a week, run on the treadmill and mountain bike too now that the weather is decent again. They all complement each other really
    JC
  • Jers43
    Jers43 Posts: 100
    Options
    I'm doing insanity on schedule its my first try. I think your right it can't hurt to jog some
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Go for a jog, come home, then do the Cardio Recovery - it'll stretch ya :smile:
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I am in day 54 of Insanity and I ran on my rest days; however as of last week, I have put in a 20-30 min run on top of my workouts. Just make sure you adjust your cals accordingly. You will see greater results with Insanity if your diet is in check! Good luck! :)
  • njfitnessgirl
    njfitnessgirl Posts: 281
    Options
    I just started Insanity and I'm planning to do the same thing. I love to run and bike so I will be doing those 3-4 times a week on top of my workouts.
  • ASecretBobby
    ASecretBobby Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Omg you lot are hardcore, I was scared to add to it but think its a great idea,
  • Jers43
    Jers43 Posts: 100
    Options
    well I'm going to jog or play hockey today prob. jog just gonna do 5k not pushing just cruising we'll see. I just finished week 2 I think its doing me some good.