Who are you?

Options
funkyspunky871
funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
Who am I? Ahhhhh! *Runs around in circles* ....Where am I going?!?

No, seriously. :) Hello! Explain yourself.

Replies

• mlove1307
    mlove1307 Posts: 151
    Options
    Hello! I am Michelle, 21 year old college student studying to be a veterinary technologist. I love working with animals but I do not love working to get my big butt into jeans!!

I lost 105 pounds, gained twenty back and am losing it the RIGHT way this time.. It's hard but its working.

Other than that, I'm kind of tall, usually random and always ready to goooo.. :]

Who are you?
  • donya35
    donya35 Posts: 166
    Options
    I'm 25 years old, married with an 8 year old daughter that I adopted last year! I'm a teacher with Special Needs kids grades K-2nd, and am loving my life right now!!

Who are you?
  • cedes123
    cedes123 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello I am Mercedes I am a 22 year old college student online and single mother to a wonderful 5 and 4 year old little girls. I am trying to lose 100lbs. for our disney cruise next may.

Who are you??
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I'm Arielle, I'm 21, I ate balanced & worked out (blindly) as a teenager to lose 25-ish pounds and kept it off for maybe half a year. Worked out occasionally and tried to eat right but not really and stayed about 150 until last September when I gained 30 pounds by December. So far, I've lost most of the weight I've gained but am aiming for 10 more, to get me down to a healthy weight.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Michelle, you forgot to mention that you're absolutely gorgeous. :) Seriously. I'd kill to look like you.

I'm Emily, 16-year-old junior in high school. Straight-A student, never been in trouble, 17 out of 500-something in class. Very, very, very shy around my peers, but can't stop talking around my friends and family. Hoping that losing the weight will improve my self-esteem, and hoping that I'll be able to do gymnastics and ballet again!

Been big all my life and everyone but my little brother is "big" too. I'm the only one right now who's working towards a better, skinnier life, but my mom did promise me she'd join me soon. (And, I trust her. She's lost 100 pounds before, hooray!) And, even though, the rest of my family eats crap, I'm still motivated because wow! 29 pounds. I'm not stopping any time soon.
  • mdorisi
    mdorisi Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am Melissa (usually called Mel) I am 26, a classical musician, and also a job coach for mentally handicapped people. Right now I am trying to lose 100 pounds, and then make my next goal from there. I figure if I can make it that far, then I can definately do the rest!! I'm losing weight for a lot of reasons the main one is for me, but also so that I CAN have children. I've had some reproductive issues and would like to at least get rid of weight being a factor in those issues. Also, I have finally found a wonderful man, and although we're not officially engaged, we have been talking marriage, and I don't want to get married a fat bride especially because I want a beach wedding! :) So yeah that's me in a nutshell right now!!
  • Mirlyn
    Mirlyn Posts: 256
    Options
    My name is Miranda. I'm 27 and have a 10 month old son who keeps me pretty busy. My lifestyle change came about when my husband and I decided to eliminate sodas and start exercising more. The healthy eating just fell into place after those two changes. My husband and I got married while we were in college and he then joined the Navy so now I'm a stay at home mom but I will be going back to school to finish up my biology degree as soon as we have the means and I have enough time to focus on online courses (since we move alot.)

I'm loving MFP :).
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    I am Dasha, I am a 29 year old stay at home mom to my 3 kids .. TJ who is 7, Thomas who is 4, and my princess Gracie who is 2. I am married to Daniel, this year will be our 5th year anniversary. I am originally from Moscow, Russia. I love the outdoors, movies, music, reality TV. I collect dolphin stuff ..because I love dolphins and I collect snow globes. I also love to take pictures. I am really good at Photoshop, I make stuff for people .. like birthday invites or banners or signatures to use in their e-mail or message boards. I have 2 sisters, much younger then me .. Kate is 20, and Lesya is 11. I love The Twilight Saga. I am addicted to Facebook ..and MFP. :)

WHO are you?
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Cheri Marie, stylist to the stars!!! Just a girl, trying to fight the aging process and hold on to some of my youth. A woman who knows its never to late to be better then I was.
  • 20chloe09
    20chloe09 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm Chloe, 22, about to graduate from university with a BA in English and American literature. Hoping to work in publishing in London and want to leave the old, child me and the persistent freshman 15 (which is now closer to 30) behind.
    I really want to get some control and focus into my lifestyle as I head into the professional world. I also want my 18 year old body back but without the 18 year old angst and insecurities so I can actually enjoy it!
    I have been on MFP for 5 weeks now and am quite frustrated with my progress - I know that it will take time but I'm so impatient for my life to take off!
    I love joining groups like this because I feel that not having this support has been the reason that I've given up on eating healthily in the past.
    Truthfully, I'm slightly all over the place at the moment, in limbo between uni and real life and I'm really grateful to have my new healthier lifestyle to focus on!
    I can tell that reading this thread and finding out about all of you guys is going to be really interesting!
  • Chelsinicole63
    Chelsinicole63 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi :smile:
    My name is Chelsi, and I am a sophomore in highschool.
    I was extremely skinny until 8th grade, then i gained 25 pounds. This year, I decided I wanted to have an amazing figure again. (I was inspired by a younger photo of me)
    and i also have a bit of compulsive eating disorder, which definatly makes it a challenge. But i am determined this time to finally lose it all and keep it off throughout my life
  • gillian_gail
    Options
    I'm Gillian. I'm about to turn 26 (June 2nd). I live in Washington state with my boyfriend and a bunch of animals. I've been struggling with my weight since I was very young (practically since birth). I graduated a year ago with my phlebotomy certification but I'm currently working in a call center for a large home remodeling company. I love music of every genre and I'm a total geek/nerd. I'm a Star Trek freak and I love being outdoors, especially when it's really windy. And it's awesome to know you :happy:

--Gillian--
  • WishfulShrinking331
    WishfulShrinking331 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Nicole, 19, I'm a vocal performance major studying classical voice (opera). I gained the freshman 15 and I want it gone!
  • Michellerw1
    Michellerw1 Posts: 367
    Options
    Michelle 26, live in the Sierra Nevada mountains with my boyfriend, dog, and cat. LOVE food, but as I get older it loves me less and less. Trying to get in good shape to tackle any and all outdoor adventures, and get back to my college weight. I was raised in Ohio. I love to create (photographs, jewelry) and obsess over everything (currently, running).
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Who I am
    MJ, a semi-retired teacher with 2 kids in college, my youngest starting high school and my eldest raising my grandbabies! The hubs retired Army, so we traveled everywhere….I love Texas (from West Texas) and now call Austin home. I love to laugh, love people & I adore my 2 big dogs.

I am working to change many aspects of my life and working it to make them permanent improvements.
    I adore my MFPals & credit them for my continued success….:love:

Who are you?
  • BLASTzer0x
    BLASTzer0x Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello. I`m KaciiLynn. I`m a senior in highschool. I was extremely tiny until I started school, I was 165lbs by 3rd grade. I`m disgusted with myself, that I actually let myself get to be this big. On a better note; I have an amazing boyfRiend.

I`m trying to change my life, for the better. I`ve always been known as the "fat fRiend" & "that funny fat kid". I`ve done alot of things in my pst I regret, and I`m hoping a "new me" will help me work thorugh some of my other issues.
  • Kblack2882
    Kblack2882 Posts: 20
    Options
    Hello, my name is Kevin and I am the first boy to post on this thread! I am 27 years old and senior in college. I work full time as a restaruant manager and part time as a intern for pr firm. I was born and currently reside in Kansas, I too have always been the fat funny kid. In my early 20s I lost 70 pounds only gain it all back over the course of a year. I love 80s pop music and the Cure is my all time favorite band.

I want to become healthier because I want a family and I am tired of being single. I hope to enjoy a long life and the only way that will happen is through a major change in my lifestyle.
  • Unicornlover
    Unicornlover Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Cindy. I'm 40 years old. My husband & I have been married for 21 years now. We have 3 wonderful kids (20, 16, & 13). We live in South Texas. I have the best job in the world! I am a stay-at-home mom and I homeschool our two youngest. Never had a problem with weight until I started taking medications for Bipolar & Major Depression. I gained a little over 100 pounds in just 2 years (weight gain is a horrible side effect). Doctor changed one of my meds in February and in 3 months I lost 35 pounds. Was surfing the web and stumbled upon mfp on Monday and immediately joined. LOVE it! I still need to lose 105 pounds...so my journey has just begun! :flowerforyou:
  • savannah63
    savannah63 Posts: 15
    Options
    I bet I am the oldest one on here...I am 63! ~ ~ I started on the ALLI program this past 1/1/2010 and lost about 13-15 lbs BEFORE I found this web site for tracking my calories ETC and progress. I lost another 3 lbs but then I had some "off" days and I think i gained that measly 3 lbs back again ! LOL I am a short gal at 5'4" and I have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, arthiritis, and family history of heart conditons...so when I hit 178lbs last X-mas I told myself...ENOUGH! SO here I am. :-) ~~~I still have 30 lbs to lose!
  • LoveMy4Kids
    LoveMy4Kids Posts: 231
    Options
    Hello, I am Jolene from Canada! I am a 36 year old mom to four children ages 20, 13, 5 and 3! I have struggled with my weight for many years now, up down up down! I lost 40lbs 10 years ago and have gained it back PLUS another 40!!! I really need to lose over 100lbs but would be happy with just taking off that 80lbs again!! I have a real love for food though, no really, its not depression, I truly LOVE the taste of food and I am addicted!! McDonalds is one of my huge downfalls and we have about 5 within 10 minutes of us, one being half a block away!!! Anyways I joined this site 4 days ago and love it so far! Its been a real eye opener to track my food and see what I am actually putting into my body!

Funny but sad story.......after I had my first son I joined weight watchers, I was sooo embarrassed at my weight that I never went back again for fear of getting on that scale in front of someone, ummmm I was 90lbs lighter than I am now!!!!!! I thought I was soooooo fat back then, ugh!