I feel like im starving...

Options
2»

Replies

• pmteet
    pmteet Posts: 69
    Options
    Water is good. My 16 year old started new meds and has to drink about 3 liters of water a day. She said she has never felt so full. :)
  • jessbeckman2010
    jessbeckman2010 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I opened my diary. I am exercising almost daily. I switched around what i eat and drinking more water... i dont feel like im starving now. Im at 1600 calories but when extra calories are added from exercising i feel like i cant eat them all!! Like yesterday i pushed both my kids in a stroller for 3 and a half hours and i burned 800 calories. I felt really full yesterday , and by 9 pm i still had 1300 calories!!!! How can i fix that?
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Yeah more water.
    More dense and fiber rich veggies.
    More protein.
  • WhiteGirlWasted13
    WhiteGirlWasted13 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I peeked at your diary. It does seem you need to educate yourself a bit more about healthy fats. You've got a lot of margarine, reduced fat, low fat, etc., in there. Those are definitely not going to help you. I strongly recommend full fat, real dairy products. Think butter vs. margarine. Fat will not make you fat. Please do your own research about what healthy fats really are. Eliminating fast food is a great first step. But you've got to add back in real fats or you'll never get that scale to move the way you want it to.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Try Holy Basil. Buy it at whole foods or similar. It helps regulate cortisol..less insulin spikes, less hunger...less sugar cravings as well. Make sure u r eating protein with every meal and snack.. it will slow down the carb breakdown, making ur food last longer.
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    If you're starving and it's a genuine hunger, then you need to eat more unless you are just starting out on a weight loss program and your body is not used to the changes. You may also want to try smaller meals throughout the day so you don't go too long without food.

One coping habit of mine is not to cook with much fat, try to eat foods that are higher in volume / nutrition and lower in fat - not because fat is bad for you (most fish, nuts, and avocados are great for you) but because the calorie density is much higher in some of these foods and it's much better to have a big bowl of oatmeal in your stomach than a small handful of nuts.

Also try to get some protein in at every meal. I aim for a gram per pound of body weight. The protein staves off hunger by an extra hour compared to eating just carbs.
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Personally your body should feel better if you didn't necessarily restrict all your macros due to clean eating ... Protein shakes, meat , chocolate here and there keeps your mind at peace, drinking a load of water before/during eating tends to fill the stomach fairly. Rapidly even if there isn't much to eat in the first place!
  • jessbeckman2010
    Options
    I guess i have NO idea what im doing lol. Im just trying to lose the baby weight. I feel like crap all the time. would it be better if i saw a nutritionist?
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I guess i have NO idea what im doing lol. Im just trying to lose the baby weight. I feel like crap all the time. would it be better if i saw a nutritionist?

It might not hurt. I second the suggestion to eat full fat dairy and less low/non-fat products. (I haven't explored your diary enough to know if you eat them often or not) Also recalculate your BMR, TDEE, and TDEE -% to make sure you're eating enough. If you use MFP goals eat back your exercise calories since your loss deficit is already set.
  • Christinamarie77
    Christinamarie77 Posts: 50 Member
    Options

exhaustion can make you hungry also.

I cut out all fried, fast foods, soda and WHITE carbs (bread, pasta rice, potatoes) I ate whole grain. if you exercise along with that you should see it working, dairy is your friend post partum...helps the mid section. I did this after both my kids and was almost pre baby weight within 10 weeks after.

Just research a little bit and you will figure it out. Good luck!!
  • Pamela_in_Progress
    Pamela_in_Progress Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I was just looking at your diary and it looks like your eating way too much fat in your diet. You should be getting about 25-30% of your calories from good fats. Since you're on a 1600 calorie intake a day, should be around 53 g if my math is correct. Try to eat all 1600 calories every day and try not to eat back the calories you have burned from exercise. Hope this helps.
  • lsmsrbls
    lsmsrbls Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    It's just a sign you're in a deficit, haha! Which is the whole point (assuming your goal is to lose). Alas, not a lot you can do. You'll get a lot of stock answers here, drink more water, up your protein/fat/fiber, etc. but when you're in a true deficit, you're going to be hungry no matter what and the effect of those fixes is fleeting at best.

I'm afraid the only surefire fix is to eat more (or take an appetite suppressant, which I don't recommend).

This is false, btw.
  • jessbeckman2010
    Options
    Im going to try that. Im not really eat too many " white carbs" at the moment. I could do more exercise...
  • peachstategal
    peachstategal Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Hot soup and hot tea or coffee help me to get over the feeling of starving.
  • JeanDescole
    JeanDescole Posts: 152
    Options
    Lean chicken/turkey breast with or in anything eg. soups, salads, ramen, sandwiches etc. thanks to the protein! For a quick fix natural peanut butter is fairly protein rich compared to other spreads like nutella, marmite, or jam.
  • wrecktechno
    wrecktechno Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Do you think if I or someone wrote up a quick daily food plan that would help?

I always found planning out the day's food meant I stayed in control of calories (dont look at my diary, I don't update it any more)