rewards

Options
My family has always celebrated with food so it's very hard for me to think of rewards for weight loss outside of special foods. Any ideas? What do you reward yourself with?

Replies

• mrsmilk00
    mrsmilk00 Posts: 5
    Options
    New clothes!! A small piece of jewelry! A pedicure just in time for summer!
  • junebug523
    junebug523 Posts: 196
    Options
    My first five-pound reward is a new pair of running shoes. My ten-pound reward is my favorite hike with my husband. My fifteen-pound reward is a cute new pair of shoes or a top. Things to look forward to! We've always celebrated with food too, so it was a little challenging at first to not think of Ben & Jerry's as a reward...but I know that I'll feel a lot better with these other rewards!
  • cedes123
    cedes123 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My family is the same way but I like the idea of new clothes.
  • galo53
    galo53 Posts: 4
    Options
    My family also rewarded with food. Now I treat myself to an new pair of earrings, gardening gadgets (I love gardening) or listening to music (that is my favorite) especially tunes from the 60's and 70's. Both gardening and music relax me and help to keep me focused.

galo53:happy:
  • beth1rn
    beth1rn Posts: 3
    Options
    a pedicure!!

an ipod!!
  • donya35
    donya35 Posts: 166
    Options
    Um...well I've never really set up a reward system for myself. My family is food orientated too, but I've doing really good about steering clear of that. I usually just do a happy dance in the bathroom everytime I lose another pound!! :blushing: Dorky I know!! But the only reward that I've decided on, and it's only been here recently that I decided this, is when I reach my halfway marker, I'm getting a mani and pedi!!!
  • MandyKayFrench
    MandyKayFrench Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Clothes is definitely one (at my next 10 pound marker I told myself I would buy a new bathing suit) - and pedicures. But I still reward myself with food sometimes - just differently than I used to! I'll reward myself with one of my favorite healthy meals that just takes a long time/lots of ingredients so I normally don't get to make it. Taking the time to prepare and eat it with my husband, the table set with the nice dishes and candles - makes it a definite way to celebrate success!
  • vivideloquence
    vivideloquence Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas! My one fear with buying clothes is that hopefully they won't fit soon after I buy them as I will hopefully keep shrinking! My husband had the idea of rewarding myself with $10 or so for each 5lbs and then using all the combined money for clothes in the end.
  • donya35
    donya35 Posts: 166
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas! My one fear with buying clothes is that hopefully they won't fit soon after I buy them as I will hopefully keep shrinking! My husband had the idea of rewarding myself with $10 or so for each 5lbs and then using all the combined money for clothes in the end.

Oh I like that idea!!!! :bigsmile: Way to go hubby for coming up with an awesome idea!!:drinker: