tips to stop eating too much at night

Options
13»

Replies

• honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Anyone have any tips to help stop eating so much at night? I wind up eating well the whole day and then eating chips or something bad late at night like 9 or 10. any advice on tricks to stop myself from doing this would be much appreciated

You could save some calories to eat between 9 and 10, it makes no difference when you eat.
  • hellokittymaui
    hellokittymaui Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Leave yourself some calories for a nighttime snack. One of my fav's is a 1/2 cup of greek yogurt with a teaspoon of sugar free butterscotch pudding dry mix and a teaspoon of PB2. Yummy!
  • shanander
    shanander Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Get the junk food out of the house.
    Go to bed earlier (more sleep helps you lose weight).
    Drink More water.
    Brush your teeth.
    Eat more protein at dinner.
    If you must eat, eat healthy. I get those boxes of Green Giant Green Beans with Almonds. One box will fill you up!
  • mebsuta
    mebsuta Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have found that starting the day with a large breakfast really sets me up for controlling my hunger for the rest of the day. For example ....oatmeal, egg and mushroom omelet, orange or apple, lots of water. I will have an 800 - 1000 calorie breakfast, about a 500 calorie lunch, then 200-300 calorie dinner. Doing it this way has made me feel very satisfied and I don't ever get hungry at night anymore.
  • LaurnWhit
    LaurnWhit Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Bump! Good question!
  • happystars82
    happystars82 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I always save about 200_300 cals and once kiddies are in bed I settle down with some Ryvita topped with cream cheese and cucumber....marmite if i'm feeling wild lol and a large cup of tea does the trick for me..! Add me if you like. X
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I do my crazy long oral hygiene ritual when I want to stop eating. I have no desire rebrush, refloss and reswish just for a piece of bread/candy/etc.
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    drink a large glass of water about 845p and keep drinking water instead of eating.

And then wake up 12 times to pee...
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    As long as you stay within your calorie allowance it doesn't matter what time you eat. if you're using up your allowance and then snacking later, you need to adjust your intake to allow for this.

Thank you!

If you like eating later in the day, save more calories for later in the day! This is what I do, and it makes me happy! There is no reason NOT to eat late or cut off eating at a certain time, unless you have stomach issues.

I don't even eat breakfast any more...just coffee.

What they said, I consume over half my calories after 7pm, can't sleep if I'm hungry lol.
  • Grammigigi
    Grammigigi Posts: 5
    Options
    Night time is and always was my weakest point but I have found that If I save a few of my fruit from the day for Bedtime, I make like a yogurt parfait with the fruit and some non dairy topping and i feel like I cheated with something awesome and i really didnt. For me it is a mind thing. I dont even have to log the fruit because I logged the whole piece earlier in the day when I consumed the majority of it. Eat it right before you brush your teeth and go straight to bed. Best of Luck

42986490.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    drink a large glass of water about 845p and keep drinking water instead of eating.

And then wake up 12 times to pee...

I'd rather wake up once or twice in a night and pee than going over my calories and gaining back weight I've worked so hard to lose.
  • alisa1958
    alisa1958 Posts: 16
    Options
    The biggest problem is if you are not eating after 3pm you are setting yourself up for failure.
    You have to eat every 3-4 hours and this will keep you from feeling that hunger feeling.
    Also, just don't have "junk" food int the house. When I have ice cream in the house and I am
    feeling that nudge in my stomach, or feeling bored, lonely, depressed, whatever......................the
    ice cream can be gone in one sitting. Just don't have junk in the house. It is hard not
    to eat at night time. I think we all go through issues of night time eating. Good suggestions are
    brushing your teeth, using mouth wash, go to bed.........if you have to eat, have a apple, a protein
    bar, sting cheese, something light and with fiber.
  • angel_of_harmony
    angel_of_harmony Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I eat a snack after lunch and then eat a late dinner. If I am still hungry I snack healthy. Some good choices include pretzels, special k chips/crackers, light buttered popcorn or any fruits or veggies.