Rediscovering MFP

Options
Hello all! My name is Kathy. I joined MFP a few years ago and successfully lost over 30 lbs. My starting weight was around 170 lbs at 5'2 which at the time was my highest ever weight. I wound up down to 144 lbs, just 4 pounds shy of my goal weight. Then the stress of LPN nursing school got to me and I began to gain weight again. Once it began, I let it go and as a result I have reached a new highest weight of 184 lbs. I have always been a bigger girl and will never be super skinny but I have never been this heavy. I feel uncomfortable in my own skin and my clothes are becoming way too tight.

I am currently enrolled in nursing school again, working towards my RN. I'm going to graduate next spring and I'm very excited at the new opportunities that will open up for me! I have decided to get back on the horse and try again.

Some things I plan to do differently this time around:
-Exercise more often
-Eat more vegetables, fruits, protein and fiber
-Eat less carbs and processed snacks (I was living on those 100 calorie packs!)
-Eat breakfast (I always used to skip it.. big no no!)
-Get involved in this community and post/read posts to keep me motivated!

I am currently engaged to my high school sweetheart. We've been dating for over 7 years and he is wonderful and incredibly supportive. I hope that in joining this community and hopefully making friends, I can achieve my goals and we can support each other! :)