1,200 cals, workout, but no weightloss?

Options
2»

Replies

• NikaVonD
    NikaVonD Posts: 5
    Options
    I think you should eat more (aprox 1600 kcal) and more healthy. 1200 kcal is too few.
  • pit404
    pit404 Posts: 24
    Options
    thanks! :-) so it seems the overall advice is for me to eat more! il defiantly start that today by eating 1,400 -1,500 calls. hopefully, that will work! im going away on holiday end of next month so would really love to lose at least 4-5 pounds.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    thanks! :-) so it seems the overall advice is for me to eat more! il defiantly start that today by eating 1,400 -1,500 calls. hopefully, that will work! im going away on holiday end of next month so would really love to lose at least 4-5 pounds.

I'm your height and eat between 1800-2000 calories a day. I workout 6 days a week, though. But even if I didn't workout at all, I would still eat at least 1500 calories a day. My BMR is around 1450 or so. Eating 1200 is certainly not enough. I would definitely give eating more calories a try, but I would suggust increasing slowly. I would eat about 100 more each week until you get to the level that you want to eat at. If you simply jump up 300 calories all at once, the scale might also jump because of water fluctuations. Who needs those frustrations in addition to everything else? :flowerforyou:
  • pit404
    Options
    i didnt realise i was supposed to eat the calories i burn to. so, now im going to eat 1,400, say if i burn 400 at the gym..i should eat 1,800? i cant believe how much ive learnt from just starting a topic!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    i didnt realise i was supposed to eat the calories i burn to. so, now im going to eat 1,400, say if i burn 400 at the gym..i should eat 1,800? i cant believe how much ive learnt from just starting a topic!

Yeah, if you don't eat those extra calories back, you probably won't be eating enough. MFP figures your calorie needs without exercise, so if you do exercise, you need to eat those calories back to have the same deficit that was calculated for you. You'll have more energy to push through your workouts doing this, and you'll still lose weight.
  • sexymuffintop
    sexymuffintop Posts: 636
    Options
    You are not eating enough. MFP creates a deficit for you without presuming you exercise. Exercise calories are extra to your MFP allocation. If your body feels like it's not getting enough food it won't be inclined to release stored fat, it will hang onto it.

The OP obviously missed when I wrote this about 4 posts down on page 1, or I wrote it in code? :laugh: :tongue: It's amazing how many people do not realise exercise calories are there to be eaten on MFP!! Never fails to amaze me lol
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    are you sure you're not underestimating your intake?
  • TigerPawsSC
    TigerPawsSC Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You are not eating enough. MFP creates a deficit for you without presuming you exercise. Exercise calories are extra to your MFP allocation. If your body feels like it's not getting enough food it won't be inclined to release stored fat, it will hang onto it.

Myth.
  • sexymuffintop
    sexymuffintop Posts: 636
    Options

Myth.

Expand on your myth theory....

Edit: I just profile stalked your forum posts. Theres no need to expand actually. I see your viewpoint on the matter very clearly, and have no intention of wasting my bank holiday on arguing the semantics of fat reserves and VLCD being non-damaging. My viewpoint is mine, your's is yours. All I can advise is what has worked for me in the past 9 months of calorie controlling my diet and weight training. If this helps the OP thats fantastic. I'm not here to argue and derail threads. Done with all that thank you muchly. Enjoy your bank holiday! X
  • pit404
    Options
    so yesterday i tried to increase my calorie intake, but it was actually difficult! i think its because im soo used to 1,200 a day. i just need to eat 300 cals more, so i guess il have to fit in a yogurt which is usually 100 cals and maybe 2 bananas which is 200 cals. lets see how this goes! thanks alot for letting me know about eating back my workout cals, i had no idea. i thought the point of working out was so the daily calorie intake reduces. but i understand the logic now, its so we burn more fat?

Also, ive replaced white carbs with brown carbs. i do have brown carbs around 5 times a week. the brown carbs i eat is a total of 200 cals according to MFP. is that ok for weightloss?