Bloating??

What would cause a constant bloated feeling while on a healthy eating plan?

After a strenuous work out and a healthy day of eating, at days end there is always
the tight pants and bloated belly. Most of the times even before meals.

Could tracking sodium help this? A reaction to certain foods perhaps?
Thanks,
VC

Replies

• bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Since your diary's not open for viewing, we can't see what you're eating. But it's most likely food-related.

I had extreme issues with bloating myself, despite eating whole grains, lots of veggies and lean meats and regular exercise. Once I cut out rice, bread, and pasta (I needed to do this for metabolic issues), the bloating decreased significantly. I still deal with it now and again, though.

Are you sensitive to wheat?
    Are you eating enough fiber... or too much at once? That can cause bloating issues as well.
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Lots of things can cause bloating, if you are relatively new to a healthy lifestyle it could be lots of fruits and veggies, more than 30g of fiber, food allergies, and the biggie, sodium. So yes, a food journal is so valuable, turn on sodium and start looking at your macro's, how's your fiber, how's your carbs, and how much water are you drinking, all important.
  • christianteach
    christianteach Posts: 595 Member
    I'm sensitive to wheat and dairy products so if I eat them I bloat and feel miserable. We are all different so you really need to pay attention to what foods you eat prior feeling that way.
  • Mtleiker
    Mtleiker Posts: 160
    yep i feel you there. i have the same problem. i found cutting out a portion of my carbs decreases my bloat. mainly the breads and pastas. i love the weeks i cut those out because i feel skinny. google carbs. your body needs carbs to use as energy and to burn fat. you dont have to rely on bread and pastas, tht make you bloat ,for tht though. non or low fat dairy offers carbs along with many fruits and vegis. full fat dairy products and pastas and bread are the root of all my bloating i have found