Fun workouts?

Options
Hey all! At the end of March, I did something to my knee while doing Tae Bo. Since then, I tried no/low incline walking and level 1 of Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. Those were fine for about a month but then I started experiencing more knee pain and back pain as well. In the understanding that pain is my body telling me to stop, I took two weeks to let my body rest and hopefully stop hurting. Unfortunately, the back ache turned into a tension headache that tends to happen when I don't move enough. SO, today I tried 30DS and was bored within 5 minutes. I am really not looking forward to working out, and I would LOVE some ideas to freshen up my workout routine so that I'm excited to workout in the morning and so that I can strengthen my back and knee muscles without straining them.

What is the most fun workout you've tried?

Replies

• LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Just Dance 4 since 1/1. I love it. It has helped me increase stamina and lose weight. I have a bad hip also and will need surgery in the future. However, if it weren't for my hip and my age the 30DS would be easy.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    ZUMBA!!!

Oh and a pole dancing class >.>

but make sure you have good form whatever you do, bad form leads to injury.
  • ellejay1214
    ellejay1214 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I do tend to find dance workouts are way more interesting than others. What kind of weights routine would you do on top of that to build muscle?
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I create my own work outs. I got tired of using the same ol DVD's and quoting them while exercising. Its so much more fun when you mix it up.
  • ellejay1214
    Options
    I create my own work outs. I got tired of using the same ol DVD's and quoting them while exercising. Its so much more fun when you mix it up.

That's cool! You're very creative then. How do you determine how much to do and what to do next? My problem with making it up as I go is that an hour later, I've really only worked out for 30 minutes and the rest of the time I'm looking up ideas.
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options

That's cool! You're very creative then. How do you determine how much to do and what to do next? My problem with making it up as I go is that an hour later, I've really only worked out for 30 minutes and the rest of the time I'm looking up ideas.

I have been doing this for so long that I just "know" what works for me. I mostly do weight lifting and HIIT's no cardio longer than 30 mins. Yes it helps that I am married to a Personal Trainer and he is very helpful but most of the time I am doing my own thing.
  • ellejay1214
    Options

I have been doing this for so long that I just "know" what works for me. I mostly do weight lifting and HIIT's no cardio longer than 30 mins. Yes it helps that I am married to a Personal Trainer and he is very helpful but most of the time I am doing my own thing.

Good for you! Eventually, I'd like to be that knowledgable that I can just bust out a workout that works. Definitely an inspiration to get off my rear end though. So thank you!