Women who are using or have used Depo Provera

Options
2»

Replies

• 20kb13
    20kb13 Posts: 161
    Options
    I gained weight from that damn shot and had a hard time losing it. My hair was breaking and wouldn't grow no matter what vitamins I took or how well I took care of it. Then I read some reviews of women who were losing their hair or getting really brittle hair from it and realized that the shot was my problem. I stopped getting the shot in Jan and have lost the 30 lbs I gained while I was on it. I'm not sure how long it takes to regulate afterwards though I've heard some people say right away and some a few months, while others didn't for a year. I had a period for 2 weeks straight when I stopped the shot, but have not had one since. I will be going back to the Dr soon to make sure everything is ok. I enjoy not having a period still but wonder when it will come back and if it will last a really long time or be one of those super painful cramps kind because it has been so long.
  • katymc226
    katymc226 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    They wanted to put me on it after a difficult delivery. I refused as I was breastfeeding and did not feel enough research done as to if it would affect my Son. A nurse sneaked me a leaflet when doctor wasn't looking which warned of nasty side effects. Doctor was really nasty with me when I refused.
  • innocenceportrayed
    innocenceportrayed Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Thankfully my doctors are respectful of me not wanting to take it anymore, but they want to push another form of birth control on me(besides condoms) even though I've expressed my concern about being on a constant birth control method for so long.