5 LBS LOST IN 5 DAYS, POSSIBLE????

Options
Ummm, so I weighed myself before starting my 25 days clean eating, I was 180.

Now 5 (tech 4) days later, Im 175...I have no idea what happened, is that even possible?

My mom thinks since I stopped eating salty foods Im retaining less water...

I breastfeed and box 2x a week, walk briskly for 45 mins to 1 hr other days with my son in the stroller

Replies

• mdbverd
    mdbverd Posts: 14
    Options
    ideas?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    It;s very typical to quickly drop water weight when first changing up your diet.
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Did you take a big ol poop???
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Yes..it is possible
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    YES!! Great job on the loss... U are shedding all the water retention that a lot of processed/packaged foods cause. Keep up the fantastic work!
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's most likely water weight that's gone if you've cut down sodium. Also, if you're taking in more fiber, your body is probably *ahem* evacuating more efficiently.
  • 2kwaldo
    2kwaldo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    When I was younger (<40) it was easy to lose 5 in a week.

Sounds like water weight though if you have changed your diet.

Keep it up whatever you are doing!!
  • MABManZ
    MABManZ Posts: 1
    Options
    Yes it's possible I literally dropped 7lbs in 2 hours from biking hard in sweats
  • Emalilly13
    Emalilly13 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    It is possible, your body adjusts to the new regime of healthy foods. I lost about 6 lbs on my first week too. Dont worry if it slows down a bit after your body just needs time. :smile:
  • _Danno_
    _Danno_ Posts: 165
    Options
    Yeah it's possible you're weight can vary by 2 - 3 lbs on any given day so that with a 2 lb loss and you've got your 5 lbs, that's why i only weigh in once a week
  • bgardiner49
    bgardiner49 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I lost 5lbs the first week, then nothing for three weeks, the a fairly steady 1 to 2lbs since. Not sure why it happened, but don't get disheartened if next week isn't the same!
  • FATJAKE5
    FATJAKE5 Posts: 162
    Options
    Ummm, so I weighed myself before starting my 25 days clean eating, I was 180.

Now 5 (tech 4) days later, Im 175...I have no idea what happened, is that even possible?

My mom thinks since I stopped eating salty foods Im retaining less water...

I breastfeed and box 2x a week, walk briskly for 45 mins to 1 hr other days with my son in the stroller

Yes
  • Proyecto_AN
    Proyecto_AN Posts: 387
    Options
    Possible. This is the reason why i weight-in once month or two.
  • crlyxx
    crlyxx Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I noticed when I changed my diet, I lost like 4 pounds in the first 2 weeks. After that, I seemed to lose nothing. Makes me think it was all just water weight. If that's the case, then I've pretty much been close to my goal weight all this time, I've just been eating crappy foods and that's made me bloat.
  • NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    5lbs of WEIGHT? Sure it's possible.

5lbs of FAT? Not likely.
  • mdbverd
    mdbverd Posts: 14
    Options
    ok thanks everyone! :)

I dont tend to weigh myself often, mostly go by how i look and feel in the past but ever since being pregnant and watching the number go up i have started to give the scale more meaning. I dont think it was fat obviously, my postpartum belly still looks the same lol, but i FEEL much better & lighter.
    cant wait for the fat to start burning off ;)