Looking for friends to give mutual support !

Options
Hi Pals,

Wanted to introduce myself to try and find supportive people to connect with so we may help each other on our journey.

I've copy & pasted my Profile to introduce myself, hope to connect with lots of you.

==================================================================================================

I am Husband & a Father of 3.
I have tried/lost weight on numerous occasions, only to put it back on for one reason or another (there's something new).

It seems to be after 3 months when a different "spanner in the works" appears.

I have been on MFP before, I joined a year or so ago to initially track my Food Diary after a friend recommended the site.
He has had fantastic results & is in Canada at the moment running his 1st Marathon.

I lost a fair bit of weight last year, then went on Holiday where I put on 7lbs in a week. On returning I was eager to get back into the swing of things - TOO EAGER.
I overdid it in a Spin Class and had severe Muscle Strain in my upper back which meant I didn't exercise for about 3 months.

The weight steadily piled back on in my frustration of not being able to exercise, after it had become "addictive".

I felt ashamed of how I had "failed again" and couldn't bring myself to show my face in the gym - I felt i had let myself and others down.

Time to start AGAIN - for at least 12 months this time - NO LESS !

I want to get in shape to feel better about myself and to be healthier inside and out & at the same time being a good role model for my kids.

Last year I lost 35lbs and I remember fitting into jeans 2-3 sizes smaller - I want to have that feeling again.

One of my goals last year was to be an inspiration to others, which in a small way I achieved when people would tell me how well I was doing and some even said "you're inspiring me when I see your results"

==================================================================================================

Until we meet again,

VirkingHard

Replies

• katescountdown
    katescountdown Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I know all about rebounds!
    What I'm focusing on now is how great I felt when I was lighter, and it's great I can use me as my inspiration because I have done this before so I know I can do it again!
    You can too, clearly you have the determination needed and the site is great for being accountable.
    Welcome back!
  • VirkingHard
    VirkingHard Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank You Kate.

Yes using myself as inspiration makes me believe I can do it again - and then some.

Looking forward to sharing our journey.