The Anti-NSV: Shrank out of my favorite bra.

Options
MyChocolateDiet
MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
So my bras were getting loose around the rib cage and riding up the back so I went back to the same store for more, but they only have my size online so I went home empty handed. :cry:

Also, they only go down to my current size which means I will have to find another store that sells wireless but extremely supportive separating bras that do not create uniboob, and have thick elastic bands that do not pinch and come in fun colors and a soft material that resembles a tank top when inadvertently exposed. Yeah, I hear you, "good luck with THAT" *sigh*.

Bra shopping, the only kind of shopping I don't like.

p.s. Oh and being in the famous store for women who wear bigger sizes you should have seen the look on the woman's face when I explained that I was asking her to measure me because I did not know my current size because I have lost some weight. *daggers*

lizzie-mcguire-bra.gif

Replies

• dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    You knew someone was going to say it so it might as well be me; Pics or it didn't happen.
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss! You know, it could be worse, you might have gone the other way! Count those blessings.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Ugh, I just had to leave there before it got like this....

tumblr_mlzkvgmYFb1s45c4yo1_400.png

She was already talking about "F". That's a size? Like as in what the "F" my boobs are not THAT big!

big_bra_bag_03.jpg

Geesh, I bet you'd try to sell me a size "Q" if that's all you had! Someone please show me to the Handbags, and shoes, get me OUT OF HERE!!!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Congrats on the loss! You know, it could be worse, you might have gone the other way! Count those blessings.

Okay....:huh: UNO.... DOS!

There done. Now what?
  • weevil66
    weevil66 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    This reminds me that I need to go bra shopping soon. I hate bra shopping. Hate it with a deep burning passion that errupts from the recesses of my blackened heart.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    You knew someone was going to say it so it might as well be me; Pics or it didn't happen.

Thanks, that does sound better coming from my adopted MFP virtual son than from someone else. *awkward* lol

awkward-o.gif
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    This reminds me that I need to go bra shopping soon. I hate bra shopping. Hate it with a deep burning passion that errupts from the recesses of my blackened heart.

Thank you for understanding. It's torture.
  • peacefulsong
    peacefulsong Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Your description makes me think you wear the same kind I wear. Or at the very least I wear a similar kind that I love more than any bra I've ever owned. I will be thrilled when I shrink out of these sizes but I will be so sad to lose these bras!!
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Not your Favourite one! That really sucks:(
  • deannakittygirl
    deannakittygirl Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    i totally feel your pain. I swear this is the ONLY thing I dislike about losing my weight and not shopping at Lane Bryant...I LOVED THEIR BRAS!!! I no longer am a size that the sell :( I just went bra shopping today. I still am not as in love with my options. I have certain requirements when it comes to bras and most of what is out there does not support my girls correctly!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Your description makes me think you wear the same kind I wear. Or at the very least I wear a similar kind that I love more than any bra I've ever owned. I will be thrilled when I shrink out of these sizes but I will be so sad to lose these bras!!

this makes me think we are talking about the same bra.
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Bra shopping is the bane of my life. Even worse than jeans shopping at my highest weight.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    i totally feel your pain. I swear this is the ONLY thing I dislike about losing my weight and not shopping at Lane Bryant...I LOVED THEIR BRAS!!! I no longer am a size that the sell :( I just went bra shopping today. I still am not as in love with my options. I have certain requirements when it comes to bras and most of what is out there does not support my girls correctly!

Please, I beg you, PM me whenever you find the next best thing. What a coinky dink we went bra shopping on the same day?
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options

Thanks, that does sound better coming from my adopted MFP virtual son than from someone else. *awkward* lol

awkward-o.gif

Anytime Mom. Love ya :wink:
  • peggysue218
    peggysue218 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    a) I've only been to Lane Bryant once and did not realize they sold amazing bras. I'm able to buy bras elsewhere but still, I feel cheated.
    b) The only thing worse than shopping for an actual bra is shopping for a sports bra. WTF kind of torture am I supposed to go through in order to get my moderately sized chest (38C) to feel supported yet controlled? UGH!
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Keep losing weight you can go to Target with $10 and not even have to try it on.

:drinker: More time for shoes!
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I hate shopping for bras....-_-

It is one reason I just wear sport bras because I get so friggin annoyed trying to find a good fitting, decent priced bra. Plus my boob size is all over the place. Kept going up while pregnant, then still kept going after my son was born (didn't breastfeed either wtf) and now I am shrinking again...though I think it is the strap part, not cup size. I could be wrong....like I said...sport bra. <.<
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    so much bra talk. so few pictures
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

I've found that I actually like it, but only at one store and my bank account decidedly doesn't like it one bit. The thing that I enjoy about it is that I just try things on and the saleswoman evaluates it, and goes and gets something else from who knows where. I just tell her what I want and she brings it to me. I'm surprised that they don't serve me tea and scones while I wait in the dressing room.

That store makes me wistful for what shopping must be like for the extremely wealthy. I detest the vast majority of other types of shopping.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

I've found that I actually like it, but only at one store and my bank account decidedly doesn't like it one bit. The thing that I enjoy about it is that I just try things on and the saleswoman evaluates it, and goes and gets something else from who knows where. I just tell her what I want and she brings it to me. I'm surprised that they don't serve me tea and scones while I wait in the dressing room.

That store makes me wistful for what shopping must be like for the extremely wealthy. I detest the vast majority of other types of shopping.

I want to shop with you:flowerforyou:

I also need a new bra soon...another size bites the dust.