2 bad days!?!

Options
hig17
hig17 Posts: 159 Member
I had two really bad calories days this weekend, friday an saturday. I usually weigh on mondays, should I skip or take the hit?? I don't know what to do? Today has not been bad, but I feel I have gained some weight ugh!!

Replies

• nbenos
    nbenos Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Get on the scale! Stay with your routine if you start skipping your weigh ins you will soon stop recording you food and then before you know you have given up. The scale might surprise you, you never know. Good Luck.
  • cbullock115
    cbullock115 Posts: 110
    Options
    Pour on the water...tons of water!!! Last weekend I had two bad days and I ended up getting on the scale on Tuesday morning and had lost 2.6lbs so I don't know, maybe it will up your metabolism :) Either way, write it off as a bad day and start again tomorrow! :drinker:
  • Soon2beskinny73
    Soon2beskinny73 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    For me this is an easy one ....I would take the hit and weigh in! I know for myself when I have more than one bad day in a row and I skip the weigh in then it's easier for me to do that every single time I have a couple bad days in a row and then it's a bad cycle ....this is for me personally , everyone is different in how they think.

When I know I have eaten over calories for a day or two in a row then I know I might have to see a gain on the scale and for me it helps because then I am all the more motivated to have a good week and weekend the following week. I hope I am making sense to you lol. Any ways no matter what you do , good luck with your weight loss journey and don't let a couple bad days ruin it for you. YOU CAN DO THIS :)
  • sakitchens
    sakitchens Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I would go ahead and weigh in. It is always better to see where your weight is really at. If you gain a little back that is ok. Just work extra hard next week to make sure you loose what you gained. I believe in you and know you can get the weight off. Everyone has a bad day or two once in awhile.
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Honey, bad days happen! :heart: I agree, pour on the water, refocus and hit the scale tomorrow. Don't let a few bad days ruin all your hard work. You'll be fine. :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    WATER, FIBER, WATER...

wash out the salt and crap...oops, can't believe i put that out there....

weigh in & keep going......

this is life, so keep it real.
  • carliebird
    carliebird Posts: 5
    Options
    Take the hit, you'll feel that much better when the scale shows results next week :) And maybe it's not as bad as you think!
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I had two really bad calories days this weekend, friday an saturday. I usually weigh on mondays, should I skip or take the hit?? I don't know what to do? Today has not been bad, but I feel I have gained some weight ugh!!
    Take the hit. When I avoid the scale, I keep on having bad day after bad day, and next thing I know, I'm off the wagon again. Drink lots of water and cut back on the snacks in between meals if you can. The damage may not appear on the scale for another day or two anyway.:flowerforyou:
  • hig17
    hig17 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    THANKS! So much everyone, I feel motivated and I WILL weigh tomorrow morning. I agree if I skip it then I'll skip other things so weigh-in here I come!!! Thanks for the support and motivation, and those bad days could have been wayyyy worse than they were so I should stop being so hard on myself, back to business!!! =)
  • MyDream
    MyDream Posts: 72
    Options
    I had a bad day yesterday, and was debating on my weigh in on Tuesday. It was my first bad day since I started (last week of April). But I'm biting the bullet and weighing in b/c I don't want to fall off the wagon completely. Today I was back to my routine so I feel much better! TOM doesn't help either.

Get on the scale and keep on keepin' on. We are ony fooling ourselves if we don't face it. You can do it!!

:flowerforyou:
  • cymills
    cymills Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    One of my pet peeves is how people state comments:grumble: OK - try and look at it this way - you did not have two bad days - you had two days with where you had (chose) less than desired outcomes. Get over it! :tongue: Since you have decided to follow MFP , you next question appeared rather redundant! What to do? Really? You know WHAT to do . Are you looking for others to provide "permission" not to weigh in?:noway: The only person you need to answer to is yourself! OK - you may have gained weight - but you have also lost . Stay on track and be confident in yourself!:bigsmile:
  • Chelsinicole63
    Chelsinicole63 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    It happens to everyone. Weigh yourself to see the impact, and it may motivate to lose weight again. I had a week of "i cant lose weight, so im just gonna eat what i want" and three pounds later, i found myself wanting to lose it all for certain. My advice is to weigh yourself and when you are faced with bad food, think of yourself getting on the scale and seeing the target weight, dont you want that more?
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    I totally agree take the hit I have Mondays as my weigh in day to keep me honest on the weekend I don't know what happen yesterday but the good thing is we are both back on track today and keeping ourselves accountable for our bad day will help us make good choices for the next time. So dust yourself off yesterday is gone. It may not be as bad as you think. I know that's what I am hoping!!!:bigsmile:
  • DarcieC2389
    DarcieC2389 Posts: 146
    Options
    We can't eat perfect all the time. I wouldn't skip weighing in, just learn from it and get back on track. I have had a few weeks where I even gained a little bit and didn't feel good about it, just accepted it and tried to do better the next week. We're all human!
  • mythicals
    mythicals Posts: 70
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself.
    Even if you did gain some pounds, a few weeks of eating well will undo the damage. It won't make a difference.
    You're not fat because of a slip up just like you don't see results from a workout overnight.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Cowgirl up, get on that scale, accept the number, and resolve to do better!