Weekend epiphany....

Options
So, this weekend my stepdaughter stayed with my hubby and I. We had a blast. I took pride in trying my best to stay on track with my food choices. I think I did pretty good. Well, the main thing this weekend for me was that I was not freaking out about my food choices. I wanted to eat properly BUT I didn't want to wreck the fun. I just tried to make better choices. I did go over my calories yesterday by like 100 and today (so far by like 40ish) but I wasn't disappointed in myself. I have done sooo well for sooo long that I deserved this little break. Now, this doesn't mean that tomorrow I will be eating like a mad woman, but I does mean that I have come to a place where I WILL NOT let food dictate every moment of my life. I ate 2 pieces of fried chicken wings. This was my first fried food in a month......AND it was GOOOOD!! LOL....but that was just a "for the moment" thing...not an every day or even every week thing.

I like this new place. I control what I eat...not the other way around.

Replies

• Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    Way to go! That is a great place to be. We cannot allow ourselves to become neurotic and controlled by food. Good job, keep up the good work!
  • wendylady123
    wendylady123 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    We can't?

(lol)
  • gecallo
    gecallo Posts: 135
    Options
    As long as motivation and determination are not lost, I think it's good to take these little breaks once in a while. I just make sure my next workout is a bit more intense :o]
  • rhstyles
    rhstyles Posts: 36
    Options
    You deserved it. :flowerforyou: Tomorrow is my birthday and I plan to enjoy (not overindulge) myself. We have to remember this is for the rest of our lives and not a quick fix. You did great.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic!!!