Heres a typical day for me....What to fix or add??

Options
zzcharge
zzcharge Posts: 42 Member
First...almost 41...on OCP...insulin resistant. Started getting serious about diet 1 year ago at 210lbs...Have never gotten below 200. Now at 204-206. I have learned ALOT in the year. I know Low carb/No simple sugar works but its not sustainable for me....sugar cravings come back with an uncontrollable vengeance! Started with Leslie Sansone videos..first 30min every am...then 45-1hr almost daily. Still no real weight loss. Now heres my routine Monday-Friday....

6:30ish warm water with lemon & cayenne pepper
6:45ish 30DS on level 1 day 10...used to leslie sansone videos
8:00ish breakfast of 1 slice low sodium ezekiel bread with EITHER 1 egg or 1 tblsp raw unsalted almond butter
12is 8 whole wheat saltines, 1 slice cheddar cheese, 3 oz low fat deli...usually turkey, side spring mix salad with tomatos no dressing
3ish non fat , fruit on bottom OIKOS greek yogurt, 2 tbsp pecans
5:30ish...grilled meat with veggies..
Mornings I sip on Peppermint Tea..organic..nothing added
All I drink is water for years...quit soda habit in high school.
Shot of Braggs Apple cider Vinegar diluted with water before bed.

Since I started 30ds...losing inches like crazy but no weight loss.
What more should I do??? Add??

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    1. Total calories and macros?

2. Why the lemon+cayenne and the vinegar? You know those things don't actually help you lose weight, right?
  • zzcharge
    zzcharge Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Total cal...1200

Macros set at 40 carbs, 40 protein 20 fats...but rarely hit this....My focus is carbs/sugars now.

Vinegar and lemon water is for glucose levels and digestion. Not weight loss
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Total cal...1200

Macros set at 40 carbs, 40 protein 20 fats...but rarely hit this....My focus is carbs/sugars now.

Vinegar and lemon water is for glucose levels and digestion. Not weight loss
    You need more than 20% calories from fat if you're on 1200 calories. Ideal minimum for fat is .35g per pound of body weight.
  • RCottonRPh
    RCottonRPh Posts: 148
    Options
    Calories are too low. You are eating a lot less than your BMR, which will slow your metabolism and make it difficult to lose. Eat more food, of the healthy variety...especially since you are exercising. People don't like to believe it...but you can eat a decent amount of food and feel full and satisfied and still lose weight.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    If you're eating 1200 calories while doing 30DS, you're probably not getting enough calories to fuel your workouts. You may find more success if you try to NET that amount after figuring your exercise calories.