Almost 4 months....

Options
So I started this journey in August 2009 at my highest recorded weight of 350#.

345byjb.jpg
August 2009

Went down as low as 285# around December of 2010 by watching portion sizes and walking. Stopped doing that and almost immediately sprang back up to around 320# where I pretty much hovered for the next couple of years.

311qr11.jpg
October 2011

35l69uv.jpg
St Patrick's Day 2012, brother's wedding

Enter January after my doctor told me that I had to stop taking my cholesterol medication as it was affecting my liver enzymes and wasn't bringing my cholesterol under control as it was supposed to. I had also been taking a medication to help me quit smoking, which obviously wasn't working because I had not even cut back on that bad habit.

That weekend I found MFP and my first recorded weight was 317#, this picture was taken approximately 3 weeks prior to that appointment...

2qs53x5.jpg

The next set of pics were taken in March, I call them my in progress pics(Warning!!! Hairy White Male Pics)

6jkcg9.jpg
332merm.jpg
wj7xg4.jpg

SW 317lbs on MFP
This brings us to now...CW 263.5lbs
GW 250lbs

Last weekend first 5K in 7 years:

3307czn.jpg

And this morning first 10K ever:

2zgurzr.jpg

with race results:

2lx6r6h.jpg

My story is not atypical. I eat what I want within my calorie count, I don't deprive myself. I run. I lift heavy stuff. I quit :smokin: 2 days after joining MFP and all my weight has been lost since my quit date:glasses: . It can be done, you just have to want it bad enough:devil: !

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!