My journey thus far...(pic heavy)

Options
So I started this journey in August 2009 at my highest recorded weight of 350#.

345byjb.jpg
August 2009

Went down as low as 285# around December of 2010 by watching portion sizes and walking. Stopped doing that and almost immediately sprang back up to around 320# where I pretty much hovered for the next couple of years.

311qr11.jpg
October 2011

35l69uv.jpg
St Patrick's Day 2012, brother's wedding

Enter January after my doctor told me that I had to stop taking my cholesterol medication as it was affecting my liver enzymes and wasn't bringing my cholesterol under control as it was supposed to. I had also been taking a medication to help me quit smoking, which obviously wasn't working because I had not even cut back on that bad habit.

That weekend I found MFP and my first recorded weight was 317#, this picture was taken approximately 3 weeks prior to that appointment...

2qs53x5.jpg

The next set of pics were taken in March, I call them my in progress pics(Warning!!! Hairy White Male Pics)

6jkcg9.jpg
332merm.jpg
wj7xg4.jpg

SW 317lbs on MFP
This brings us to now...CW 263.5lbs
GW 250lbs

Last weekend first 5K in 7 years 4/27/13:

3307czn.jpg

And the morning of my first 10K ever 5/4/13:

2zgurzr.jpg

with race results:

2lx6r6h.jpg

My story is not atypical. I eat what I want within my calorie count, I don't deprive myself. I run. I lift heavy stuff. I quit :smokin: 2 days after joining MFP and all my weight has been lost since my quit date:glasses: . It can be done, you just have to want it bad enough:devil: !

Replies

• lizblizz2012
    lizblizz2012 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You should be proud of yourself!
  • iamspdd
    iamspdd Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Losing weight and you quit smoking? Congrats! You have great commitment and determination. You should be so proud of yourself. You look great!
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You should be proud of yourself!

and

Losing weight and you quit smoking? Congrats! You have great commitment and determination. You should be so proud of yourself. You look great!

thank you both! I feel phenomenal(my 25 cent word for the day lol)
  • winilula
    winilula Posts: 1
    Options
    It's great to see a guy on here- thank you for sharing! You are an inspiration to many silent others in the real world. Great job!
  • WeightHacker
    WeightHacker Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    great job and you look good too. ^^
    really proud of you.
    you should be even more proud of yourself.

keep it up
  • workaholic_nurse
    Options
    It's great to see a guy on here- thank you for sharing! You are an inspiration to many silent others in the real world. Great job!

and

great job and you look good too. ^^
    really proud of you.
    you should be even more proud of yourself.

keep it up

@wini thank you and I have seen a few more guys on here.

@Pretty- :blushing: thank you and at least 13lbs more until I reach my first goal weight...my first goal was to run a 5k!
  • demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    way to go! you have come sooooo far! awesome!
  • workaholic_nurse
    Options
    way to go! you have come sooooo far! awesome!

@demon-Looks like you have too, and I love the ink!
  • Yarabago
    Yarabago Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Wow!!This is amazing truly an inspiration! Congratulations!
  • workaholic_nurse
    Options
    Wow!!This is amazing truly an inspiration! Congratulations!

Thank you!
  • Pamela_in_Progress
    Pamela_in_Progress Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    You know I'm one of your biggest fans! You're such an inspiration to me and others! Congrats on your first 10 k!!! Keep up the good work!!!
  • LolaBug85
    LolaBug85 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Wow, you have truly done an amazing job!!! It's always a great inspiration to see a success story like you. Not to mention your determination is extremely admirable. You look fantastic :) On a side note, YAY for no smoking! I quit myself, but I gained 25 pounds when I quit. However, I didn't look back once and I've managed to lose that weight again. Quitting smoking is an amazing accomplishment in itself! You're awesome!
  • jaja76
    jaja76 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Congrats on completing your 10k! Such a great accomplishment!
    You're a motivator and a great example to be able to quit smoking and lose weight. Keep it up!
  • nuemmedigg
    nuemmedigg Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Congratulation on your determination and hard work. How is your cholesterol level now?
  • vddickens
    vddickens Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello everyone,

First I want to congratulate each of you for accomplishment in losing weight and adopting a healthier lifestyle. Viewing your pics and posts are soo motivating for me!!! I just started MFP for about a couple of weeks and after being on WW for about a year. So far I've lost about 4 lbs (under MFP but a total of about 9 lbs). My only question is - how do you know when to drop calories to continue losing weight until you reach your goal?

I can't wait to join you all by putting up some before and after pics. Keep up the fantastic work!!!!!
  • ChasingKatie
    ChasingKatie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    awesome! keep up the great work!
  • Mrsmorman
    Mrsmorman Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

First I want to congratulate each of you for accomplishment in losing weight and adopting a healthier lifestyle. Viewing your pics and posts are soo motivating for me!!! I just started MFP for about a couple of weeks and after being on WW for about a year. So far I've lost about 4 lbs (under MFP but a total of about 9 lbs). My only question is - how do you know when to drop calories to continue losing weight until you reach your goal?

I can't wait to join you all by putting up some before and after pics. Keep up the fantastic work!!!!!

When you record your loss mfp will ask if you want change your calories after so many pounds lost and they will lower your calories to go with your new weight. So far they have asked me every 10 pounds. Good luck.
  • pippabc
    pippabc Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Fantastic achievement, what an inspiration. I bet you are feeling great about yourself.
    Well done!
  • txin1
    txin1 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Great job! Looking good.
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Incredible! You look so healthy and happy!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!