Sugar Free Cookie Recipes?

Options
uromastyx
uromastyx Posts: 8
Anybody have any non-sugar cookie recipes? Ideally, I'd love to use coconut or almond flour, but mostly just looking for something sugarless. Anyone?!

Replies

• rhstyles
    rhstyles Posts: 36
    Options
    You can try http://www.dlife.com/diabetes/diabetic-recipes/Airy-Almond-Cookies/r8149.html
    Thats one recipe....this is a diabetic website that has tons of sugar free recipes. Good luck.
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Get out of town! This is too funny sorry I do not have any but I wondered the same thing last night at the supermarket. I will do some research and come back to post directly here.!!!:laugh:
  • shadows1177
    shadows1177 Posts: 33
    Options
    I just take a regular cookie recipe and use splenda instead of sugar, works great for me!!
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Samantharose8akaDebbie Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    You can use Xylitol (found at the health food store) spoon for spoon like sugar. Does not raise your blood sugar like real sugar and is all natural. I have baked with it and it is wonderful.
  • kcampbell111
    Options
    I make these for myself and my dad, who needs to watch his sugar. Good for a chocolate fix if you need it :-)

Sugar-free No Bake Cookies
    6 tablespoons sugar free Nestles Quick
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/2 cup margarine (or I can't believe it's not butter or Mooove over butter)*
    1/2 cup skim milk
    1 cup coconut
    3 cups quick cooking oats
    Mix first 4 ingredients until smooth (with mixer or food processor). Mix in coconut and oats until well combined.
    Place wax paper on a cookie sheet. By teaspoonfuls or tablespoonfuls, roll into balls and place on cookie sheet. Refrigerate 1 hour. Store in refrigerator. Quantity varies depending on size of cookies.

* Some margarine can be cooked with and some can't so use what is available in your area that can be used for cooking.

I found the original recipe on iVillage's Garden and Home website.
  • commit2change
    Options
    Splenda and hair loss. I lost about 3x3 inch patch of hair in the back of my head and I beieve it was due to my Splenda use too. Read this article about Splenda and its negative side effects and Google Splenda Hair Loss and many many websites will come up with hundreds of people stating that their tongues hurt, thier hair falls out etc.. due to Splenda use. I also remember using Splenda on my frozen raspberries and that my head would itch like I had ants stinging me. When I read this online I remembered that each time I had that itching all over my head was due to my having eaten frozen fruit with Splenda on it.

I loved that Splenda but threw it all out after I lost that hair and my hair also thinned out so bad I look like I have bald patches on my head.

Hope this helps. Here is one of the websites: http://sites.google.com/site/splendasickness/splenda-comments-1001 ,
    Look under Story Index on this website to read the many stories from people discussing thier illness and hair loss due to Splenda. http://www.foodanddiet.com/splenda/story-index.html One shares how just chewing gum with it made her kid very sick.

Hopet this helps.
    EB
  • pjc64
    pjc64 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Looks good, but do you have the calorie content? One cookie equals how many calories, etc. I find so many of my old cookbooks have no nutritional facts in them. Very frustrating!

For kcampbell111
  • tacrc1
    tacrc1 Posts: 14
    Options
    What is the calorie and nutrition count ?
  • uromastyx
    uromastyx Posts: 8
    Options
    You guys ROCK! Thanks so much! And I've been using xylitol in xylitol-specific recipes, but I didn't realize it measured spoon for spoon for sugar. Hooray!

Hope everyone is having a VERY successful week!