Lower arm fat- how do I get rid of it!?

Options
Hey guys,
I've been adding strength training to my routine for a little while now, and whilst I'm still very much a beginner I can see the difference in my arms, especially my forearms and my bicep area... but I still have unwanted arm fat on the bottom!
I'm aware spot training for weight loss isn't really a thing... but I'm sure my biceps are this way because I've worked them on top of my weight loss...what moves can I do to try get this lower arm fat to budge?

Replies

• dharqvenym
    dharqvenym Posts: 35
    Options
    bump
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you can't spot reduce fat. You can see your biceps better because you originally had less fat on them than on your triceps.
    Bingo wings are tough to get rid of but unfortunately the only thing you can do is keep losing weight. Doing tricep exercises will mean you've got nice, shapely tris when you HAVE lost the fat.
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Tricep stuff.

All variations of weight bearing Tricep extensions.

All variations of Pushups.

Chair dips.

Floor dips.

Track your progress, increase weight weekly/ increase reps/slow reps down/make em deeper, etc. if you can. I did. It works.

And eat protein like you mean it. 1 gram per pound of body weight if you can or get real close. It matters.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    You'd have to lower your bf percentage as a whole. Certain traits start to disappear at different levels of bf.
  • TabithaMichelle85
    TabithaMichelle85 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    You'd have to lower your bf percentage as a whole. Certain traits start to disappear at different levels of bf.

This. You could also work on your triceps as someone else mentioned. It certainly won't hurt to do so. But if you're carrying fat there, the only way to make it go is to lose fat, period.
  • NicoleMGetsFit
    NicoleMGetsFit Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Just gotta keep truckin' then I guess :')
    Also, does anyone know where I can/ how I can measure my BF% accurately? My scales do it but I don't think they're right!
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Just gotta keep truckin' then I guess :')
    Also, does anyone know where I can/ how I can measure my BF% accurately? My scales do it but I don't think they're right!

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/mbf/

Try measuring and see if it gives you a number anywhere near the bf% your scale gives? You could also get it taken with body fat calipers at the gym?
  • NicoleMGetsFit
    NicoleMGetsFit Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/mbf/

Try measuring and see if it gives you a number anywhere near the bf% your scale gives? You could also get it taken with body fat calipers at the gym?

Thank You! My scale says 19.5% but looking at pictures of women at that percentage I'd say I'm a lot higher... this calculator says 24% which is a pretty significant difference!
  • tarynchatfield
    tarynchatfield Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Bump.

I have the same problem, but I'm unsure whether or not it's fat. When my arms are flexed, nearly all of it is firm muscle. But naturally they look like bat wings. Starting heavy lifting in a couple days and keeping my fingers crossed that my arms get slimmer!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Tricep stuff.

Chair dips.

Floor dips.

Track your progress, increase weight weekly/ increase reps/slow reps down/make em deeper, etc. if you can. I did. It works.

And eat protein like you mean it. 1 gram per pound of body weight if you can or get real close. It matters.
    None of that will target fat loss from a specific area.

OP - you lose it the same way you lose any fat: with a calorie deficit through diet and/or exercise. Just be patient and hope that it eventually comes off where you want it to. Frustrating, I know!
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m4a0yxV7pf1r3we6jo1_500.png
  • WhoButME28
    WhoButME28 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you can't spot reduce fat. You can see your biceps better because you originally had less fat on them than on your triceps.
    Bingo wings are tough to get rid of but unfortunately the only thing you can do is keep losing weight. Doing tricep exercises will mean you've got nice, shapely tris when you HAVE lost the fat.

Exactly what was said above
  • alsmomma
    alsmomma Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Tricep stuff.

Chair dips.

Floor dips.

I'm curious about the amount of protein you're suggesting. I realize protein plays an important role in weight loss, being full and building muscle and I'm eating about 40% protein a day but 1 gram per pound of body weight sounds like a *lot* of protein! I've heard that too much protein can be bad for your body. What's the significance of this much protein?