Major NSV!!! HIGH WIRE EXTREME pics!!!!

1KiwiChick
1KiwiChick Posts: 479 Member
This is me 2 years ago....
DSC05599_zpsb91967f8.jpg

At this time my son wanted me to go to Adrenalin Forest with him, its a high wire course with 7 levels consisting of 105 challenges ranging from 10 ft above the ground to 101 ft in the treetops. You have a harness but it requires a tolerance of heights ( which i dont have) fitness and strength ( which i didnt have) and a body that can fit through a small barrel ( mine definitley wasnt at 281lb) . My son completed the entire course in 4 hrs while i watched stressing at ground level.

me now...
43f82ec5-64a0-45c4-8836-6dff7e487687_zpsef14b2db.jpg

so my son asked again ,that for a birthday treat could i take him again and now im smaller could i please do it with him. Putting aside my fear of heights i agreed.....
Starting the course feeling a bit scared!..
null_zps5469607b.jpg

contemplating the barrel
3c939cff-70a7-465e-802f-f6a70dd2f814_zpsf4c5e567.jpg

inside the barrel...yay i fit!!!
null_zps6e72cc96.jpg

getting higher...
null_zpsfe137742.jpg

even higher 49ft !! very scary...
null_zps96f716d0.jpg

on the way down from 49ft holding my entire weight by my hands on the flying fox....
null_zps9ca74edc.jpg

So as you can see not only did i give it a go but i smashed my goal and did 4 levels (not 3) and didnt need to get rescued!!! very battered and bruised on the body but the ego is shining bright. This journey is NOT just about weight loss but achieving things you never thought possible. To see my full story go to success stories and look for "nearly there 106lb gone 10lb to go"

Replies

• Fivefeetjo
    Fivefeetjo Posts: 59 Member
    Well done! Your son must be proud of you!
  • Xwardian
    Xwardian Posts: 16 Member
    U r awesome
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Awesome pics girl. You look fab!
  • devastation77
    devastation77 Posts: 233
    This is why you rock. This is why you rock. This is why...this is why....this is why you rock

:o)
  • kddham
    kddham Posts: 53 Member
    You r my inspiration ! Want to do same 1000 cal burn every day like u !
  • 1KiwiChick
    1KiwiChick Posts: 479 Member
    This is why you rock. This is why you rock. This is why...this is why....this is why you rock

:o)
    haha thanks Ironman:flowerforyou:
  • illgetthere145
    illgetthere145 Posts: 17 Member
    Way to go! You should be so proud! That looked like so much fun. Where is it?
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Amazing! Way to go. You should be so proud in your successes. Definitely more than just weight loss!
  • hfester
    hfester Posts: 114 Member
    What makes this special to me is that you came through on a wish of your son's, even after all that time and with all the apprehension. What a great mom!
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    amazing pics and great job on your journey there
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Simple greatness!
  • Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    awesome job:) you are inspiring <3
  • yoscarlino
    yoscarlino Posts: 100 Member
    Fantastic! you inspire me!
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 628 Member
    Awesome story!!! You look great!!!
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Wow! You are awesome. I'm so happy for you and your son. You are an awesome mommy!!
  • VickiDiane22
    VickiDiane22 Posts: 118 Member
    WOW!!!! You are Awesome!!! And a Really Wonderful Mom. Great Job!!!!!
  • royallv
    royallv Posts: 84 Member
    Awesome. Your son must be beaming as are you!
  • LoganAnthony6
    LoganAnthony6 Posts: 164
    I'm so happy that you managed to pull all of this off and that it means so much to you. Hopefully this will only be the first of many things that you'll discover you're able to do now that you're in fitter shape. You're the best Suzi! Happy for you. :)
  • CCusedtodance
    CCusedtodance Posts: 237 Member
    I LOVE IT! What a great accomplishment for you, and fantastic memories for both of you. Good job mom!!
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Superb NSV!!! I'm sure your son was beaming with pride!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!