New to myfirnesspal

gingchey
gingchey Posts: 7 Member
Hello, I am Ginger.

I have tried food dairies before and I am not good at them. I am going to try again because I've been told it's the key to losing weight. I think I eat well and I work out at least 5 times a week, and I can't lose a pound. Here goes trying.

Started May 5, 2013

Replies

• vet272
    vet272 Posts: 183
    It really does make you realise just how what you're eating mounts up calorie wise. Good luck!
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    It really does make you realise just how what you're eating mounts up calorie wise. Good luck!

Yup! I "ate well" and had treats "in moderation" when I started logging my mind was blown as to just how many calories I had been consuming. Best of luck to you on your journey :)
  • SMFRN
    SMFRN Posts: 108 Member
    Good luck. It opened my eyes when I started. Need any help or encouragement, just ask. :)
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Logging food is amazingly helpful. I used to eat out a lot and pick at snacks all evening. It sure opened my eyes on the calories! Now, keeping a log helps me make the right choices and shows me when I might need to slip in an extra evening workout to offset a little indulgence. I don't feel like it restricts me, but rather acts as my guide to the right decisios about what I put in my body.
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Welcome logging every day really does work just stick with it and you'll do just great