Insanity macros and ladies currently on this programmer

Options
2sweet84
2sweet84 Posts: 26 Member
Hey everybody,
Just needed a little advice on getting optimum results for month 2. I have recently upped my calories to 1700, am 5ft 7 and weigh 138lbs. I've also changed my macros to 40carb/40 protein 20 fats.
Recovery week is next week and then month 2 begins, a lot of posts tell me month 2 is where the magic happens.
I'm curious to hear from ladies who are not overweight to begin with but would like definition and how they found the programme. Any tips on low fat high protein foods will also be most welcome as opium vegetarian so hitting 40% protein can be difficult but I'm going to keep plugging through.
I have seen positive changes in the mirror but interested to hear of other experiences.
Many thanks
Claire :-)

Replies

• aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    vegetarian? Best I can do:

Legumes will be your friend. Black beans, black eyed peas, lentils, etc. Lots and lots of beans.

Also most protein powders and snacks (all the whey and soy).

Also soy/almond milk.

Also morningstar or other veggie burgers. Check the packaging here. If it says "black bean" it's codeword for "high protein" usually.

Depending on how vegetarian you are in descending likelihood order...

Milk
    Cheese
    Eggs
    Fish
  • 2sweet84
    2sweet84 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Cheers for that, I can make a bean soup. I have been using protrient which is good and mix I with my porridge in the morning too. I'm already on almond milk but maybe need to get some more vege burgers.
    Low fat mozzarella and eggs too. Will crack on and do my best many thanks for the advice,
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    You're welcome. Just remember to look at the calories to protein ratio before you buy something that isn't what you expected.

From what I've seen, anything 10cal x 1p or better is on my "must buy" list.