Question.... regarding Weight Watchers

midwestgal39
midwestgal39 Posts: 7
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I have done WW and JC in the past. I am currently doing JC but think I need to go back to WW as JC is so expensive. I would like to use this site and count calories not points. Does anyone or has anyone done it that way? Anyone on WW and like it etc. I love the program. Did anyone have to leave JC due to cost and switch programs?

Replies

• megatron123
    megatron123 Posts: 18
    I've been following WW on my own (i.e. no meetings or WW online - so free) while using MFP, and they've paired up really well. I've found WW to be really helpful in meal planning for the day. Meeting my WW points for the day seems to pretty much directly match up with the MFP goals. MFP, in turn, is helpful with seeing the relationship of exercise to what is eaten each day. I'm loving it, and it's working. I've been using WW for a few months now, and added in MFP a few weeks ago.
  • Crysta1976
    Crysta1976 Posts: 184 Member
    I did the WW points thing for a while. I did ok on it. I don't like the idea of JC and stuff with prepared foods. I don't think are as healthy as they are cracked up to be (in my opinion).

I am using this site as my only program and it is working great! It was a rough start...gained 3 lbs in the first 2 weeks. But I lost 5 lbs this past week!!!

I hope you find what works for you and allows you to enjoy it at the same time! Good luck! :smile:
  • Very cool. Way to go btw!!! I need the meetings they really help having that group support. I like doing it as calories as well it really puts it into more of a reality.
  • I know me too. I hate being such a yoyoer. I have rejoined and quit both programs a couple of times. I didn't like the points way and this is a much better option I feel for me to see it as calories. And more food choices then on JC.
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    I have done both... WW and MFP together and apart.... they are almost the same... Only difference is you don't go to meetings and such... Plus the extra 35 points a week...so if you go over one day its like getting those free cals.... I had a hard time using WW once i found out that I can't eat FAT FREE FOODS....no biggie on my part.. but whatever works for you.... Logging here is just like logging the book but you have more people to talk to .. as in meetings face to face you might be discouraged..... SO..... WW is good.... so is this site... your choice.. doing both helps you stay more accountable. good luck!!!
  • Thanks everyone :) I think the meetings and this site and following an awesome program will work! :)
This discussion has been closed.