Do you log drinks?

Options
I log things like smoothies or milkshakes but I never know if I should enter things like a glass of orange juice or the milk with my cereal.

Replies

• Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    They have calories, so of course you need to log them. Why wouldn't you?
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I log the coffee and Joint Juice, I don't bother logging water.
  • jfsears
    jfsears Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Anything that has calories, I log it.
  • spaghetti93
    spaghetti93 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    of course... if i have drinks... i usually just drink water. But why wouldnt you? just because something is a liquid doesnt mean it doesnt have nutrients...
  • kirstyfairhead
    kirstyfairhead Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    This one is easy, if it has calories, log it. Fruit juice is good for you but can have a ton of calories in it, a couple of big glasses can be as much as a meal!!

It is the only way to be accurate and you could easily get a completely wrong idea of your intake if you have these 'hidden' calories and before you know it you are wondering why the weight just isn't coming off!!!!
  • neacail
    neacail Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Log all food and drink that goes into your mouth. The only thing I don't ever log is chewing gum, though that should ideally be logged as well.
  • scoutbelly
    scoutbelly Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yes - a lot of calories can sneak in through drinks. Log all beverages, both alcoholic and non, except for water.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    100% as they contain calories.
    You will learn quickly to drink less orange juice or to stop drinking it, it's pretty calorie dense!
  • Gracie1214
    Gracie1214 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    yes it all adds up
  • lua_
    lua_ Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I don't drink anything but water, green tea, regular tea and black coffee (when I do have milk in my coffee, I log it) so no, most of the time I don't.
    I definitely log alcohol though.
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    I log everything that has calories.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    If I'm faithfully logging, I log everything that is listed as having calories, including gum.

Why wouldn't you? How would you expect to get an accurate report of calorie consumption without doing it? Fruit juice has a lot of calories.

I've seen this question before here, and frankly I don't understand it. I can only chalk it up to a complete ignorance of food values or the purpose of tracking calories.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I log everything with calories, including black coffee.

However, I am of the opinion that if what you're doing now is working, don't worry about it. If you're not logging drinks, and still losing (or maintaining) as expected, then there's no problem. As soon as you stop losing as expected, that would be one area to look at. I think it's helpful to log absolutely everything so you know exactly where you are, but there is something to be said for a more relaxed approach too.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I log everything except water. Water I keep track of in the little glass at the bottom of the diary. On occasion I'll forget to log a diet drink, but since when I do log them they're 0 I don't worry overly about it.
  • kaylindeschanel
    kaylindeschanel Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    drinks are just condensed food.
    they have calories, sugars, carbs, fats, proteins.
    so yes, i do log them.
  • aprmay
    aprmay Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • lisahewitt22
    lisahewitt22 Posts: 102
    Options
    If I'm faithfully logging, I log everything that is listed as having calories, including gum.

Why wouldn't you? How would you expect to get an accurate report of calorie consumption without doing it? Fruit juice has a lot of calories.

I've seen this question before here, and frankly I don't understand it. I can only chalk it up to a complete ignorance of food values or the purpose of tracking calories.

I just don't understand how some people, without exercise, can still manage to eat below 1200 calories even including drinks and all the other little things.
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I log everything that has calories.

me too^
  • jimshine
    jimshine Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Only if they have calories. I have my coffee listed daily. But I pretty much only drink unsweetened iced tea during the day, so I do not count it.
  • bbyrley
    bbyrley Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    If you bite it , write it
    If you drink it , ink it
    If you nibble it , scribble it
    If you snack it, track it
    grab a pencil , instead of a utensil