Im in a tough spot... Please help me

Options
I have tried almost everything....Now going to try protein shakes.....

I do have a medical condition called Gastroperisis... Its a stomach disorder. Last June, I had a gastric stimulator implanted in my stomach... although its working I still don't digest my food at a normal rate. normal rate is 60-120 mins of digestion.... mine is at 331 mins of digestion... This will not get better but in the mean time I cant loose weight...

I'm so unhappy with the way I look. I cry and cant look in a mirror any more. I weigh 230 and am 5'6"....

Thank you for any help you could give me.... Bonnie

Replies

• Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Honestly with your limitations you may need to look into speaking with a nutritionist as your needs seem pretty particular.
  • maab12
    maab12 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Im sorry I wish I knew what I could say to help. talking to a nutritionist might help you figure out the foods that are better for you to digest and that will help you on your journey
  • AbigailClarke48
    Options
    I am sorry, too. I understand the frustration and tears even though I do not have your particular condition. I echo - get some professional help and don't quit!
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    talk to a dietitian. nutritionists can be hokey with no designated certifications/standards.

i wish you the best. try to eat foods that are good for you and low cal otherwise. maybe the 1200 calorie days would be helpful. you should be able to get a referral to see someone because of a condition.