Not what I expected...

Options
So I was looking at my exercise section and noticed that I was 2 calories away from my weekly goal so I started the internal debate. Do I go to the gym or do I not go to the gym? So after I let my stomach settle from my dinner I decided to go to the gym and do at least 30 minutes but then I started a new debate...treadmill or elliptical. I'm a treadmill girl through and through and have had my butt kicked by the elliptical before. So I thought, if I can do 30 minutes on the elliptical then I'll be super happy and my weekly goal will be met even if I can't go the entire 30 minutes. So I get into the gym and get on. (I could swear I was having flashbacks of the last time I was on one about 4 months ago. About 10 minutes in I had to stop because of the pain. :sad: ) You can imagine that I was amazed when I made it 15 minutes without any pain. That amazement doubled when I got to 30 minutes! At that point I was like..well...I made it this far and I still feel good so why not keep going? I made it an entire hour on the elliptical! *Pats back* Go me!! The only mistake I made was trying to go backwords. I didn't even make it through a song on my ipod before the burn set in..maybe I should take that a little slower.

In any case, I'm super excited that I did so well on the elliptical. I've been walking/jogging on the treadmill and in the last week or so I've been jogging a 10 minute mile so I must be getting into better shape. The other exciting thing is that I enjoyed the elliptical! I put on some of my favorite music and just enjoyed my workout! :happy:

Replies

• Kblack2882
    Kblack2882 Posts: 20
    Options
    I am the opposite, I love the elliptical and not much of a fan of the treadmill. Congrats on going 30 minutes on the elliptical, that is pretty impressive I can't do it anymore if kicks my butt. Now you have to cross over to the darkside and just do elliptical full time :happy:
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    THATS AWSOME..... I love the eliptical.. I HATE THE TREDMIL....:) but now that I have lost weight, to loose as many cals is so hard.. SO great job that you continued.. :) AND I agree.. putting the ipod on and going is the only way i get through.. GREAT ACCOMPLISHMENT you should be proud
  • freebirdschick
    freebirdschick Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You did good girl! Isn't it great when you can track your progress by more than just a number? I really try and notice the little things like being able to go longer, or do more during a workout. I can't believe you went an hour on the elliptical....you are my hero! I can go a good 30 minutes and I'm ready to be done. Keep trying the backwards thing...now you can challenge yourself to go backwards for one song every 10 minutes you are on the elliptical or you could just try going for more and more songs every time you get on.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!