Some more advice needed (:

Options
Ok, so...

I've been eating around just above 1000 calories a day. I believe sometimes it might be more than what MFP shows, because like if I stir fry something, I usually don't log the tablespoon olive oil I use (I started doing so recently, though), but even so, I think I might be eating below what I should?
I've been loosing weight quite easily, and I feel fine, usually not even hungry (I do crave fast food and stuff, however), and I eat a good breakfast (bowl of porridge, tablespoon of honey), good lunch, and a lighter dinner (usually a bowl of soup and toast). Usually two snacks, and usually they're fruit... I've bought some non salted cashew nuts to substitute one of those snacks.

Any advice? I want to loose weight, but I don't want to put it all back crazily!

Replies

• julyssas
    julyssas Posts: 22
    Options
    You are not eating enough sweetie. Up those calories ASAP :-)
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html

Remove 20% from the number that gives you and that's the calories to eat per day to lose weight in a healthy fashion.
    Alternatively, set MFP to a 1lb loss per week and follow that. Try both. See which works better for you.

You aren't eating enough and whilst you might be losing weight now, that wont last long before you stall/start to suffer health wise from eating too few calories per day.
  • naterciarodrigues58
    naterciarodrigues58 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    HOOOW??

How do I put calories up and still be healthy?
  • jukyu
    jukyu Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I see this same post every day...

If you want to increase your metabolism and burn calories more efficiently, you need to up your calories and up your LBM through exercise/resistance training.
  • kaylindeschanel
    kaylindeschanel Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    it seems like it goes against any type of scientific theory if we advise you to increase your caloric intake to LOSE weight.
    but that's how it works!

you have to lose weight so that your body has enough energy to actually burn the glycogen/glucose off of your system. after the glycogen is used, your fat is targeted.
    if you starve yourself below a certain level, you will start to realize that your body will hang on to every little nutrition, every little fiber nutrient left in your body. it will hold onto that, preparing for a famine that won't come.
    you'll be left feeling exasperated, deprived, and ....at the same weight.

if you start eating normal again, you may see some increase in weight for a short period of time. but once you get your body set back on its original set point, you will see more progress.

i promise you this works.
    i used to eat 700calories a day or less. i had anorexia and i thought it would be the most scientifically plausible way to lose weight the fast way.
    yes, i dropped pounds quickly but when i slipped - which ALWAYS happened every weekend - i gained it all back and more.

it was an endless, vicious yo-yo diet that ruled my life.
    it's difficult and it's tiring.

but now, i'm on the right caloric track. i suggest you do the same. it has worked wonders for me. i'm losing weight slowly but surely.

:) add me for more questions/advice/support.