How to eat. How to workout.

Options
taunto
taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
Friends status reminded me of this. Theres this guy at the gym who kept criticizing all of my workouts. Literally he'd go "don't deadlift, it hurts your back" "don't squat low, it hurts your knees" "don't do OHP, it makes you fat". I ignored him. Finally I think he snapped when I wouldn't listen to him and he went and grabbed the coach in the gym.

Coach is a good guy. Tough guy who doesn't always compliment so you know when he does, he actually means it. Not alot of broscience in him and I can rely on him to give me help with form etc. Coach goes "This guy have lost alot of fat while increasing his weights. Maybe you should leave him alone since its working for him and he's lifting more than you in a time period much smaller than you". I was pleased! :)

Seriously people need to back off a bit. If I had listened to everybody telling me what to do and what not to do, i'd be eating no bread, no rice, no meat, no cheese, no milk and trying to live on salad.

And for workouts, I have yet to find a "everybody approved workout". Running is bad because I'm fat. Boxing was bad because I'm too fat. Weight lifting was said its bad because it MAKES you fat. Climbing stairs was bad because it doesn't burn calories (lol). Same for walking.

People will ALWAYS tell you what you're doing is wrong. It doesn't cost them anything to say that. Its easy. I won't say anything about jealousy and what not but people are hard to please and so you must ask them why do you care to please them? Just do what you think will give you results and if it doesn't give you the results, re-evaluate and try a different strategy. You will be much more happier :)

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    You're kicking *kitten* Taunto. Proud of you!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m6h7rd9VyC1rwcc6bo1_250.gif
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    Well said! Awesome post:)
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately there is just a ton of information out there that people believe with every fiber of their being. I am glad that you have pushed through and have been seeing positive results. :smile:
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    You rock, Taunto. :heart:
  • originalcookiemonster
    Options
    tumblr_majyshV91c1qmcylq.gif

tumblr_m6wkqu269Z1qihztbo1_500.gif
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Winning thread!!! Congrats on your success!!!!
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    As soon as I learnt this, it made this all so much easier for me. I spent far too long listening to a lot of bad advice in real life and online.. when I realised I was getting results doing the opposite of what they were saying, it was an amazing day ;)
  • violettatx
    violettatx Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Best advice thread ever. :heart:
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Way to go, Taunto! :) That guy must've some issues. lol. Congrats!
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Keep kickin' *kitten*, Taunto!!! :heart:
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I like how this guy went and got back-up like they were going to force you into a different workout. What a tool. Congrats on sticking to your guns.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    Wow, nicely said! And yeah, you are doing great. I love that the coach realizes that you're on the right track.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, Taunto!

Some people just never learn to mind their own business though. Too bad, really.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Yes! :flowerforyou:
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Well said, and spot-on as usual, my friend. There is no one exercise or eating plan that will work for everyone. We all have to do our own trial and error to find what works for us, and most importantly, what we can maintain in our own lives. Thanks for posting this:)
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I don't think you should be criticizing people who are criticizing you. That's bad form. It will make you fat. Drink tea, eat pancakes, and do only cardio ! Otherwise, I'm telling coach !
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. If it works for you that's what is important.
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,939 Member
    Options
    Best NSV of all time, taunto!